Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2014, 11:19   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: CS-36T - Cupecoy
Re: Honda EU 2000i Companion Generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
I used mine just the way described while cruising this summer. Completely charged my batteries at 0900 in about 45 minutes. I have 450 a-hrs and a greedy fridge. Did not use it that much, used less than a gallon of gas while cruising 5 weeks, but it was nice to have.
Wow it beats physics!! I love it when devices can do the impossible... I guess I need to try mine on the boat.......
Old 26-09-2014, 08:20   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Wow it beats physics!! I love it when devices can do the impossible... I guess I need to try mine on the boat.......
Very Funny Maine. I guess you like taking things out of context. I clearly stated that it charged the batteries from what they had lost the night before, not from a discharged state. If you get to be such a "expert" we may have to ignore you entirely, but right now I still enjoy what you have to say and your web site.
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2014, 12:10   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: CS-36T - Cupecoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Beth View Post
Very Funny Maine. I guess you like taking things out of context. I clearly stated that it charged the batteries from what they had lost the night before, not from a discharged state. If you get to be such a "expert" we may have to ignore you entirely, but right now I still enjoy what you have to say and your web site.
Newt,

Apparently you missed the wink (tongue in cheek)...

I only made that point because there are people here who will read that and believe they can completely charge their batteries in 45 minutes with an EU2000... Sad but true... If I had a dime for every time someone said to me "I used 100Ah's and I have a 100A charger, my batteries should be full in 1 hour", I'd be retired. Unfortunately it does not work like that and while I know you understand that, many don't......

I did not see any other qualifiers where you said you recharged lost capacity from the night before, and I quoted your entire text. Clearly I missed that part, or it is somewhere else and I missed that.... Wouldn't be the first time.... D'oh....

Sorry you took offense, that was not my point at all....
Old 26-09-2014, 14:40   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 40 (1975)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Sail View Post
Newt,

Apparently you missed the wink

Sorry you took offense, that was not my point at all....
And I'm sorry. I am just having a bad day cause I am stuck at work, its Friday, and I want to sail.
s/v Beth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, honda