Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2010, 17:32   #16

Boat: Outbound 44
Bill,
I think I get it. They are not proven not to work Good enough for marketing and legal.

Paul L
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 05:53   #17

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
I've got some nice bottom land, excellent location, with a great marketing brochure. I'm willing to give you a sweet deal.
The message is the journey, we are sure the answer lies in the destination. But in reality, there is no station, no place to arrive at once and for all. The joy of life is the trip, and the station is a dream that constantly out distances us”. Robert Hastings, The Station
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 14:43   #18

Boat: Amel Mango 52'
I've used a Desulphator on my 1200ah bank with about 10 years age and saw some immediate results after 2-3 months use. After removing it, I found that my bank returned to the same as it was before within a couple weeks.

It did however, drain over 5 gallons of water from my bank!
Mango Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 04:36   #19
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
There are no results of using these devices, as extensive testing by GE showed. So any reports about positive results must be due to other factors. For many there are perceived results or they charge more often / longer because they think the batteries are better now and must be able to take more charge. It is the extra charging that provides the results in that case etc. etc.
Our boat had a couple when we bought her and when I ripped them out a couple of weeks later there was no difference.

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 08:10   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Beneteau 473
Timely thread, as was thinking about buying one of these high power pulsers, and the only blurb on the subject was from the makers.
The guy I was thinking about buying from makes them from home, more as a hobby, and he did say they would need to be kept connected for a few months to make any difference, but also said, he would not leave them unattended.
Thanks to the post about the tests on these devices, saved me fifty quid
Thanks
nigel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, desulphator