Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Lagoon Catamarans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2015, 22:07   #1

Boat: (pending)
Send a message via Skype™ to Rich-n-Jane
Plans for a future Charter Business

Recently, I have not been able to get sailing out of my head. I love the sea, and after a recent cruise, my wife and I have decided we'd like to live in the Caribbean Islands ...

I am considering a Lagoon 620 for charters, to take fairing passengers on island journeys in the Caribbean Islands. I've been studying sailing for months now, have some boating experience, and have always been able to learn fast.

I'm an avid Ham radio guy, an engineering sort, handy with figuring things out, and love to cook. I love people, traveling, entertaining, and exploring. I'm big on safety, training, and navigation ... with gadgets and with maps.

Originally, I was looking at a Beateau Oceanis 55 but think my wife would work better with less tack-'n-roll and the more-or-less flatter stable ride of a catamaran. I've also considering some on-water business ideas like the "Cloud 9" thing in Fiji, but geared more towards cruisers passing through, as well as tourist stops.

I'm serious about this ... and I want it bad!
I'm learning, studying, reading, watching scores of YouTube videos of travelers, cruisers, boat maintenance and repair videos, etc. and am at this time gathering all of the knowledge I possibly can to ready myself.

I have a number of ideas on the charter service, but I have no experience in that area. This is a new venture for me. I'm determined. I constantly am able to go out and do things others have never done, or have difficulty doing, and have this uncanny ability to learn and remember.

I would appreciate some input on the following ... (be kind)

1. Catamaran charters with a Lagoon 620
A. Boat choice, other options or comparisons
B. Feasibility of obtaining regular charter customers
C. Financing/Investor options

2. Designing an on-water restaurant/bar & entertainment venue
A. Cloud 9 in Fiji did it, should be possible in the Caribbean islands
B. How would cruisers like an on-the-water R&R stop
C. Restaurant & Bar, Mini-Shops, General Store, ideas

I'm brainstorming at this time ...
I want to be able to make a good living there, and hopefully employ some of the locals and help them as they help me

I welcome your thoughts ...

-rich-
Rich-n-Jane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter