Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 13:23   #1

Fitting an Alarm

Hi, I am planning to fit an alarm to my 450. This will incorporate high water alarms in both hulls that will give me remote alerts.

I am hoping that someone can save me some time and sweat by telling me the best way to run the wires:

1) from the port hull through to the main switch panel in the salon.

2) from the starboard hull through to the main switch panel in the salon.

3) from the motion sensor (near the chart table) through to the main switch panel in the salon.

many thanks for your help.
caymancat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 13:38   #2
DRS

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re: Fitting an Alarm

on my 380 I just ran power from the panel / fuse to float switches in each bilge and back through separate amber LED's at the panel to indicate which side and then both ran through diodes to a buzzer (to prevent feed back to the other light) and on to ground.

Derick
Stray Cat
L380 #24
Old 09-05-2017, 17:18   #3

Are you using the existing bilge pump level sensors or adding in extra ones?

Does your vessel currently have an audible bilge alarm connected to existing bilge pump level sensors?

The reason I ask is because on my 2013 L450F the alarm and pump control wires are already wired up to switches up at the helm. An easy point to connect to if this works for you.

While doing this if you do not have already, a visual indication (Led) of which alarm Port/Starboard is going off is also a very useful addition.

1) from the port hull through to the main switch panel in the salon.

Access via the aft cupboard with fresh water pump in it, use a fiberglas wire running fish tape to get across under the Main cabin floor to switch panel in the salon.

2) from the starboard hull through to the main switch panel in the salon.

From under floor up into electrical distribution cupboard to aft of doorway down intocabin, then straight up into switch panel in the salon.

3) from the motion sensor (near the chart table) through to the main switch panel in the salon.

If it mounted on chart table: across the boat behind Couch below the front windows, accessible in starboard hull through the back of the cupboard (owners version) then under floor aft, then same as bilge alarm to the main switch panel in the salon.

If it mounted above chart table on ceiling: Then you need to start removing ceiling panels a much bigger job.

PaulinOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2017, 16:15   #4

Many thanks for your help!
Job scheduled for Thursday.
caymancat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm