Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2023, 17:42   #1

Boat: Broadblue 38
Escape hatch

Hi all
we are about to look at a 410 S2 from 2004. Is this model/year also prone to get problems (i.e. that they will fail and cause s big security issue) with the escape hatches. I see different messages about which hatch models/types are affected.

My current cat has not got any escape hatches and the idea to have such big hatches so close to the water worries me. On the other hand I presume that the 410 ones seem to be somewhat protected from the water flow along the hulls as they seem to sit in a cut out between the protrusions from the aft cabin?

Any thoughts?
CruiserAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2023, 16:04   #2

Boat: Lagoon 410
Re: Escape hatch

Hi. I have a 2002 410. I have replaced every hatch on the boat. My escape hatches were dripping water so I replaced them. The caveat is that they are lewmar hatch lids but the flange that is attached to the hull is way different then the lewmar deck hatches. The hinge and lid are the same. I drilled out the hinges and removed the old hatch lid. Then took a new lewmar deck hatch and removed the lid with the hinges from the deck flange. This was done with an ossilating saw. I then positioned the new lid onto the hatch frame marked the hinge positions and drilled two holes into the hull through the hinge tabs. I then mounted the new lid with 316ss screws and 3M 4200.

They work great and no more leaks.
Richardw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hatch