Boat: Clumbia 36 Crealock
Need Crew: Melbourne, Florida

To begin one day.
The sailboat is a Columbia 36 1969.
Thanks
Old 23-03-2009, 08:03   #2

Boat: J-36, Beneteau 50
Send a message via Yahoo to procrew4u
Where are you taken the boat and what are the terms? I have done several deliveries from this site and you may contact me with a PM.
Thanks Tony.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:22   #3

Hi, I'm Jess from Florida. I'm a bit new to the sailing world, however i've always been VERY interested in it, and especially in owning my own boat eventually. Sounds silly, but I grew up living in preserved state parks, surfing, scuba diving, fishing, etc, so i've always made the ocean a huge part of my life, and to me, the ultimate thing for someone as free spirited as myself is to travel and live via sailboat! I'm currently living out of a suitcase, so i'm leaving no real ties behind, except for a vehical and lots of surfboards in storage.
I'm currently looking for work in the Cocoa Beach or St. Augustine area with or around boats, just to learn as much as possible, and I'm also looking to sail with anyone who needs a hand keeping the boat clean and tidy. As long as i'm not paying anything and i'm making a little bit of money and learning, i'm happy. It can be long term or short term. the sky is the limit.
I'm also a surfer, a musician (singer songwriter guitarist) so the guitar comes along, and i have a beautiful siamese himalayan cat less than a year old who actually isin't too bothered by the water. She's been going to the beach since she was born.
I'm up for traveling to other countries, and i do have a passport ready to go. Anything I can find to help me learn as much as possible (and of course help me pay for food, etc) is appreciated.
Jessica
Old 07-05-2009, 09:54   #4

Boat: 1969 Coronado 25'
I grew up Melbourne, Florida.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:19   #5

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatros View Post
To begin one day.
Thanks
Are you talking about a delivery or just crewing during local daysails? I used to sail in the Melbourne/Port Canaveral area and have several sailing friends who might be interested in some time on water.

Another "source" of crew may be the East Coast Sailing Association (ECSA) or the Melbourne Yacht Club (MYC.) In another life I used to be the fleet captain at MYC and we started the "rum races"; -supposed to be informal (reverse handicapped: rabbit start) - opportunity for the cruisers and the like to be able to get on the water and sail. I understand the rum races have recently turned into somewhat more hardcore racing but there may still be some "hope" there Depending on where you keep your boat, this venue may be convenient for you: The races are held just south of the Melbourne causeway.

Fair winds!

Sailndive
Old 18-05-2009, 20:50   #6

Boat: Fuji 32 Ketch
Send a message via MSN to irwin28
I have knowledge of the west coast of florida and would love to try the east coast. A little experiance as a singlehander cruiser and do a little racing with the new orleans yacht club. Very interested in such a trip and I can provide for myself with no problem. Give me a shout
Old 28-05-2009, 12:55   #7

Location: Need someone to boat sit??I am now in Miami, Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to iseaker48
Sailing is a passion of mine. have not sailed in many years but will be available when you are ready. I have a Belgum Shepard as a service canine. We go everywhere together. She is a good one to deture boarders.
Old 15-06-2009, 15:17   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to atronchos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albatros View Post
To begin one day.
Thanks
Hello, Albatros. I have the time and willingness to help sail your sailboat from Melbourne to South Florida. I live in Delray Beach y hablo Espanhol. Saludos ...R
Old 16-06-2009, 10:52   #9

Boat: Ranger 22, currently saving for a larger cruising boat
Hey Albatros if your taking the boat somewhere let me know, I've been to Florida several times and I would be happy to help take it somewhere.
Old 16-06-2009, 11:29   #10

Boat: Nomoboat -- yay Gustav ;)
Send a message via AIM to drew.ward
Funny that the original poster has never replied to this thread. The other replies make me feel better about living in Melboring!

Old 21-06-2009, 04:05   #11
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
I'm confused as well. My boat is in Melbourne, FL and there are a couple of Columbia 45s in the area, neither are going anywhere.

Tags
florida