Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 09:03   #16

Boat: Columbia Mk2 26
Re: Looking for Alternative Crew

I'm thinking If i get a crew of one or two, i will leave my dog on the main land with some family. Thanks for the heads up about Lonely planet, I'll sign up and post an add on the thorn tree.

I'll keep you guys updated.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj.sternagel View Post
Hey Hobo where are you located?
I live in Naples, Florida. We would have to sail around into the keys over to Biscane bay. Then Bahama bound! What about you?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:14   #18

Send a message via Skype™ to cj.sternagel

I am currently in Sarasota, working on some film projects and then headed to the Yucatan for a larger film project and back to Seattle for Christmas. After the new year will most likely have to come back to Florida for some post production. I'll keep an eye on your status and possibly join you for a bit.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:13   #19

Cool man! Funny your a film guy, I planned on Filming while being out and making a short film about the Low budget, make it happen type travel. So if you did come your input would be great!
Old 13-11-2011, 08:54   #20

Hey i sent you a private message
Old 13-11-2011, 09:15   #21

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

Hi hobotrek, I think you might be the guy who bought my old boat, I am glad to see that you are going to use her, and it sounds like you have loved her some since you bought her from me. When you have a plan on paper let me know what it is, I would love to follow your progress and offer at least spirital support.
John
Old 13-11-2011, 10:29   #22

sounds sick! i would love to join you, ive had 4 years teaching sailing and a hand full of hours on yachts, i would very much enjoy traveling and seeing the globe, my names edd im 19 and an eager beaver.
Old 15-11-2011, 07:30   #23

Hey, I really like the sound of your plan. It seems to me that were in kinda the same position, that is, looking to get away. Now, i wouldnt be able to start in january, have to pull together a bit more money, so id probably be able to go around may. dont know how that would suit you? would it clash with hurricane seasons or anything like that?
heres a bit of a generic copy and paste paragraph about me.

I'm:
male, 23years old, irish, sailor, scuba diver, rock climber, paddler, mechanical engineer, biker, tinkerer/mechanic.

I'm pretty much just finished college and looking to get some serious miles under my belt!
my sailing experience is as follows; started sailing 13 years ago,
Ive been a sailing instructor for the last 6 years(during the summer months), Have worked as a "boatman" in a few local clubs; ferrying, antifouling, taking boats out of the water ect
I have a little under 1000 sea miles from STV Asgard 2 (which is now at the bottom of the bay of biscay...wasnt my fault honest) and from sailing friends boats from ireland to france.

So not a whole lot of cruising experience at all, but i certainly know the difference from one end of the boat to the other.

I would also consider myself easy going, enthusiastic (about all things boat related anyway), pretty good at trouble shooting/fixing things/knowledgeable of boats, rigging and engines.

So that's pretty much it i think
cheers!
Old 15-11-2011, 07:33   #24
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, eddb.

Old 15-11-2011, 16:20   #25

I'm really surprised at all the people interested in coming with! I guess there are a lot of people on this site like me! Well, I have found 1 person so far. And a few others in mind. I'm on my boat now looking at the space, and I just don't think three will fit with all of our crap. I plan on making a blog or something so every one can see how a couple of people can live on less then 500 a month. Haha
Old 17-11-2011, 12:50   #26

Send a message via Skype™ to Freedohmmm

Hey Hobo!
I just washed up on the beach and am also in Naples. Would love to meet up and talk about stuff if you're still looking for people to go on adventure. My name is Katie, I'm 28 and I just sent you a friend request too, because I am new to this site and still playing around with how to post threads. Hit me up if you can, I'd love to see if we can work something out.
Old 24-11-2011, 10:00   #27

Location: Need someone to boat sit??I am now in Miami, Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to iseaker48

Where are you starting from and where are you going? I am actually looking for a ride to the Philippines. I am a novice but have sailed a bit before
Old 26-11-2011, 03:06   #28

Location: canada - most recently lived 50 km south of the arctic circle in northern canada. currently travelling

Hi!

I just left Mongolia and am making my way to Tibet and Nepal for some trekking. I'm looking for a way to get to Australia for end of Feb. I need to be in Adelaide by Feb 25 to be on the HMB Endeavour.

Any chance you and your crew will be sailing by this way and want an extra set of hands? I'm Canadian and have no experience whatsoever but I'm totally willing to learn and it sounds like we'd hit it off!

PLEASE send me a reply if you think something will work out.

Cheers!

ida
Old 29-11-2011, 07:08   #29

Boat: 1974 Cal 29

Sounds like a fun trip, keep in touch as I'm sure we'd all love to hear how it goes.

Check out the GoPro Hero HD2 camera. This would be a great way to do low-budget filming. Its housing is water-proof (can be used underwater) and the wide-angle lens and low-light ability would allow filming even inside the boat.

I'm just up the beach from you in Bradenton, and planning to head to S.FL (Keys or Miami) next summer for a change of scene.
Old 29-11-2011, 09:00   #30

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

+1 on the GoPro camera. Two hours videoing, over/under the water. My friend has one and it is a most impressive little camera for the price of a regular digital. It is on my list to buy.

Tags
crew