Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-10-2015, 20:31   #1

Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard
Fathers Grace-45' Leopard

First time posting! Trying to figure out how to do it. Any help appreciated. I have a 45 ft. Leopard in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico. I am a young man of 75 and have the common problem of not having at least one sailing friend (the ones I have will not go out to sea) to go sailing with. I do not have the experience and/or feel safe to go out alone. Looking for someone, hoping with more experience than I, that would enjoy going out for a day or longer. My plan is to sail El Mar de Cortez. Hopefully both coasts. I do not drink, smoke, nor use drugs of any kind. Not even the so called legal ones prescribed by doctors. I have no idea how to proceed from here. Do I post a phone number? e-mail? Lets see what happens! Hector
Old 20-10-2015, 14:11   #2

Re: Fathers Grace-45' Leopard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuentes View Post
First time posting! Trying to figure out how to do it. Any help appreciated. I have a 45 ft. Leopard in San Felipe, Baja California, Mexico. I am a young man of 75 and have the common problem of not having at least one sailing friend (the ones I have will not go out to sea) to go sailing with. I do not have the experience and/or feel safe to go out alone. Looking for someone, hoping with more experience than I, that would enjoy going out for a day or longer. My plan is to sail El Mar de Cortez. Hopefully both coasts. I do not drink, smoke, nor use drugs of any kind. Not even the so called legal ones prescribed by doctors. I have no idea how to proceed from here. Do I post a phone number? e-mail? Lets see what happens! Hector
You have a beautiful boat and I am about the same age. But my experience is limited: Panama in a 45 Hunter monohull [captain was a drunk and I jumped ship in Costa Rica] learned a little Garmin. # 2: Fort Lauderdale to Bermuda, Azores, Brest, France, Southhammpton. Again, I had to jump ship because the captain was so nasty I could not stand another hour on that 44' Broadblue Cat. But I self taught myself the Garmin, chartplotting, paper plotting and some sail handling. I am taking some ASA courses soon. When you are up for a longer trip and have someone with more real experience than me call Geo at 908-723-0557 in FL. axxel@verizon.net
Old 21-10-2015, 16:00   #3

Location: Mountains south of Campo. South East of TKT in Baja.
Boat: 45 ft., Leopard

Geo,
Thank you for your reply.
I am so sorry to hear of your poor experiences. I am also concerned of the same things happening to me!
I am in the process of gathering a few friendly people so that we can all sail together and have an enjoyable time. I will inform you ones I get it together and perhaps you can join us? I have written your information down.
Have a nice day. Hector
Old 22-10-2015, 18:59   #4

Boat: Alberg 30, 30' sloop.

PM sent

Tags
leopard, race