Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 13:50   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32
Re: Wheeldrive Autopilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat Akturk View Post
Thank you verymuch Darly. I asked the friend that I bought the boat but he didn't know anything about the designer. I think this boat is the only copy available in this design in Turkey. I did not see another one.
Turkey is very good in building all kind of boats. For example: Maltese Falcon is built in Turkey.
The best boat yard I know in building wooden sailboats is cobana boat yard in Blacksea coast of Turkey. Here is it's link. Home Page
I hope it helps you. If you need more help, I am ready to help you.
Which name you Like? FREE :-)
I liked that name very much really :-)
Best Regards
Murat
Free is good but you made mention of your mom and that made me think about my mom...her name is Ola,her middle name is Ancie and that is the name I will use ANCIE..as I am feeling that way my self...Ready to roll,uh I mean sail..Thanks Daryl
Old 04-08-2011, 23:49   #17

Boat: Custom Made Wooden sail Boat,1983 & 9meters*3meters
Send a message via MSN to Murat Akturk

The best name to give a Boat is someones Mothers name. Mothers deserve the best of everything. They give birth to us, They feed us and above everything they give their love to us. When ever I need my mom, she was just beside me without waiting any compensation. I love my mother very much :-) I can die for my mother. Even if she say that; Jump from the 20th floor of that building, Believe me I just jump.. I don't even ask why :-)
But my wife didn't like that I gave my mothers name to my boat :-) She wanted me to give our childrens name or her name :-)

I am so happy that I made you remember your mother :-)

Best Regards
Murat
Old 05-08-2011, 09:28   #18
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
The best name to give a Boat is someones Mothers name. Mothers deserve the best of everything. They give birth to us, They feed us and above everything they give their love to us. When ever I need my mom, she was just beside me without waiting any compensation. I love my mother very much :-) I can die for my mother. Even if she say that; Jump from the 20th floor of that building, Believe me I just jump.. I don't even ask why :-)
But my wife didn't like that I gave my mothers name to my boat :-) She wanted me to give our childrens name or her name :-)

I am so happy that I made you remember your mother :-)

Best Regards
Murat
Sounds like your mom has a son she can be proud of..dont be jumping off any buildings,she will miss you.Thanks Murat..ps the link to the boat builder was very interesting...very nice work.The Goldian Hind,what a boat,wonder what one of thouse go for?Thanks Daryl
Old 05-08-2011, 23:39   #19

Hi Darly.
Golden Hind is a very nice boat. It's cost must be above 10.000.000 USD I think.
If you need to ask anything you can email them. The name of the Owner and Naval Engineer of the company is Mr. Huseyin Coban.
This Boat yard is very good and their prices are lower than most of the other boatyards in Turkey.
If you need more information you can tell me.
Best Regards
Murat
Old 06-08-2011, 13:10   #20
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Hi Darly.
Golden Hind is a very nice boat. It's cost must be above 10.000.000 USD I think.
If you need to ask anything you can email them. The name of the Owner and Naval Engineer of the company is Mr. Huseyin Coban.
This Boat yard is very good and their prices are lower than most of the other boatyards in Turkey.
If you need more information you can tell me.
Best Regards
Murat
Can you loan me 10 million?ha ha DVC
Old 08-08-2011, 03:27   #21

Hi Darly :-)
I would loan 20 million If I had :-)
Murat-The Poor Sailor
Old 08-08-2011, 07:53   #22
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Hi Darly :-)
I would loan 20 million If I had :-)
Murat-The Poor Sailor
Thanks anyway Murat.. may we sail far and prosper together...which side of the Dardinels are you on.. or is it even called that any more?I guess im asking are you in Asia or Europe ...must be cool to walk(or swim) onto one continent and then the other...a fellow near by has an auto helm 3000 for sale its old but it works...if your interested PM me...fair winds and far places Daryl the poor sailor also...oh yea..salam salacum
Old 08-08-2011, 08:14   #23

Hi Darly.
I live in Asian side. And My Working place is in European side. I pass the Bridge every day :-) Too much traffic :-) Correct sentence is like this :-) If I say Selamun Aleykum to you than you say Aleykum Selam :-)
I just won an autohelm 3000 auction in ebay for 250 USD. This is also an old autopilot, I am waiting for the response from the seller about the shipment price.
He didn't answer yet. here is the link: autohelm3000 (navico) sailboat auto-pilot | eBay

Is it good price? How much your friend wants for his autopilot? If you had said this yesterday I wouldn't bid on the other one :-)
Old 08-08-2011, 11:27   #24
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Hi Darly.
I live in Asian side. And My Working place is in European side. I pass the Bridge every day :-) Too much traffic :-) Correct sentence is like this :-) If I say Selamun Aleykum to you than you say Aleykum Selam :-)
I just won an autohelm 3000 auction in ebay for 250 USD. This is also an old autopilot, I am waiting for the response from the seller about the shipment price.
He didn't answer yet. here is the link: autohelm3000 (navico) sailboat auto-pilot | eBay

Is it good price? How much your friend wants for his autopilot? If you had said this yesterday I wouldn't bid on the other one :-)
Selamun Aleykum my friend..looks like a good deal to me as Lowell wanted 350.00 for his ..Ive seen people on the web looking for parts for them so I guess the maker dosent have any avaliable..but I have the same one on my boat and it works ok...good luck with it..be safe and if I can help let me know, Selam..Daryl
Old 08-08-2011, 23:19   #25

Hi Darly.
I hope it works fine. We will see soon :-)
Before I bid, I asked the seller that whether he can ship it to Turkey or not and the price for shipment. He accepted to send and he gave me an average price of 55-59 USD for shipment with USPS. Yesterday I asked about the exact amount so I can pay exactly what he needs to send the item, But he didn't reply yet.
Today I am planning to pay 250 USD+59 USD with paypal. I think there is a 5 percent comission in payments with paypal. Total cost to me is about 325 USD.
I may need your advices when I am installing the autopilot. There is also a pedestal bracket with the autopilot, I am planning to fix it to my pedestal.

Best Regards
Murat
Old 09-08-2011, 12:09   #26
Marine Service Provider

The wheel( pulley) that mounts to the steering wheel has these small stainless bent bolts that secure it to the wheel and in mine they are a very nasty finger smasher..when you have your fingers on the throttle and in my case I have got to hold the throttle up to go full on...and if your fingers are behind the wheel resting on the plate of the pedistel and you turn to steer they will smash the pee-pee out of them, be careful as to how you mount them ie use spacers or other bolts if yours is like that... call and I'll send a picture if Im not clear enough. good luck DVC
Old 09-08-2011, 23:55   #27

Hi Darly.
Thank you for the information.
I will keep them in my mind when installing the autopilot.
I will ask if I have problems.
My e-mail is muratakturk*at*hotmail*dot*com sometimes I am online in the msn, you can add me if you want.

Best Regards
Murat
Old 20-09-2011, 08:10   #28

Boat: Landfall 42 (1979)

If you're still looking, I have a used Simrad WP30 wheelpilot I don't need any more. You can have it at less than half price. It was not quite robust enough for my 42-foot 12-ton boat, but it should be finme for yours.

Let me know: dpelly*at*sympatico*dot*ca
Old 20-09-2011, 09:01   #29
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reunion View Post
If you're still looking, I have a used Simrad WP30 wheelpilot I don't need any more. You can have it at less than half price. It was not quite robust enough for my 42-foot 12-ton boat, but it should be finme for yours.

Let me know: dpelly*at*sympatico*dot*ca
I sent you email through the board. My boat is only 31' and I wonder if it wouldn't be too big for mine, but I do want to explore it further with you.
Old 20-09-2011, 09:32   #30

Boat: Landfall 42 (1979)

Actually a 31-foot boat is about the ideal size for this equipment. I should not have bought it for my 42-foot boat - that is the manufacturer's stated upper limit. The wheelpilot itself is 15" in diameter, including the control unit - so provided your wheel is larger, it will fit.

Tags
autopilot