Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2015, 15:26   #1
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Northern Lights 8kva Generator, 30hp Yamaha, Kayak

If you are in the Mediterranean and specifically in the Eastern Med and need an excellent generator I am selling my Northern Lights 8KVA gen set. It has 2050 hours on it and works perfectly. It also includes a complete sound shield. The only problem with the unit is that the exhaust manifold has a small crack in it. I would guess this part costs less then $400 but have not checked. It doesn't leak water right now. I'm selling it because I have a 12kva generator also and am tired of lugging around two and never needing more then one.

Price: $3000.00

I'm also selling a Yamaha 30 hp two stroke tiller outboard. It is 5 years old and looks like new. Runs great. I'm selling this because our dingy is getting a jockey console mounted in it and it costs nearly the same amount to modify a tiller to wheel steering as it does to buy a new motor.

Price: $2000.00

Finally, we have a two person deluxe kayak for sale. I bought this two years ago for 1200 euro and will sell it for $700.

These items are in Marmaris and I'm not interested in shipping them. The generator is currently installed in the boat but will be removed around March if it's not sold. You are welcome to see it and the marina can arrange to run it for you while it's in the boat. Same with the outboard.
Old 12-08-2015, 17:00   #2

Boat: Bristol (Alden) 35 Sloop "Zephyr"
Re: Northern Lights 8kva Generator, 30hp Yamaha, Kayak

Just a thought on the motor, if it's an electric start.
I converted a tiller 25 Yamaha (1987) to single push/pull, teleflex steering, and hooked up the controls. Also made a diy electric choke, with a solenoid off Ebay.
Old 12-08-2015, 17:35   #3
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Re: Northern Lights 8kva Generator, 30hp Yamaha, Kayak

Thanks for the suggestion. It's pull start but not to difficult (18 yr old daughter does it easily). I'm having the work done in Turkey and that limits what can be reasonably modified.

Tags
generator, Kayak, Northern Lights