Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2013, 17:11   #31

Boat: looking again
Re: It never hurts to ask..

and thanks on the hunter clarification. you guys could have had me going for quite some time with that one!
Old 18-03-2013, 17:15   #32

p.s. thanks for the craigslist links. i have seen them all. funds don't allow for it yet, unless i decide to sell my truck or tent trailer. i do have an old benz for a 2nd car, so it's a possibility if i'm able to find a cheap slip. i'm also curious what it would cost to tow a boat that size from isleton or sacramento area to the north bay. probably more than the cost of the boat i would imagine.
Old 18-03-2013, 17:48   #33

Boat: Seaward 22

Old 18-03-2013, 17:58   #34

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post

Truly wicked.
But very funny!

Is this an epidemic? Weren't the last two located on the west coast too? Maybe it is something in the water!?!
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
Old 18-03-2013, 18:23   #35
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimichele View Post
thanks @atoll. thought you said to find him on facebook. i'm all confused, lol. thought you said to find him there. anyways, i did find a nice boat in sausalito and guy who says he's open to trades. doesn't seem desperate to sell it.
i may take a drive out to sausalito on thursday if the weather is nice and talk to a few people in the area, maybe get a better feel for what to look for.
i wanted something that i could paint up, make a bit funky. like a fort for a grown up lady/girl glad to have found this page, even though i knew i'd still attract some creepers along the way, haha!

if you read this thread the wicked humor might make more sense
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1188185
Old 18-03-2013, 18:32   #36

Boat: 1979 Bristol 35.5 CB

this forum seems to have a fair amount of inside jokes, generally a sign of people spending more of their life online and less onwater
Old 18-03-2013, 18:38   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanibel sailor View Post
this forum seems to have a fair amount of inside jokes, generally a sign of people spending more of their life online and less onwater
This forum has it's share of jokers and humourists as well as the serious and technical folks. It brightens up the place for me.

Coops.
Old 18-03-2013, 18:47   #38

A friendly FYI: The last guy who wrote a "never hurts to ask for an unwanted boat" thread got bashed pretty good here. I'm sorry that's about the extent of the help I can offer you. Good luck to you!
Old 18-03-2013, 18:54   #39

Boat: hunter 376

There are often boats to be had at marinas that have been abandoned, but getting a slip could be a problem. Many marinas now require proof of insurance before letting a slip, and insuring a boat someone gave you would be a problem. You would need an inspection (survey) and the vessel would have to be in good condition before insurers would issue a policy. Ideally, if could obtain a boat already in a slip, you may be able to take over the moorage, but anyway you look at it, you will need a few dollars to make it happen. Don't be discouraged though, a boat can be the most relaxing place on earth, even if you never leave the dock. Reading books, bar-b-ques, making popcorn for watching a dvd, just sitting and pondering life with a glass of wine, morning coffee with the sun coming up over the water, its all good, so keep at it and you will make it happen.
Old 18-03-2013, 19:11   #40

''Ignore Coops''
Old 18-03-2013, 19:14   #41
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminalcitygrl View Post
A friendly FYI: The last guy who wrote a "never hurts to ask for an unwanted boat" thread got bashed pretty good here. I'm sorry that's about the extent of the help I can offer you. Good luck to you!
he was asking for a $500,000 dollar boat and his tone was that by working for a living us mere mortals were doing it all wrong!

you can hardly compare this lady who is looking for a fixer upper that is basically abandoned in the same league!

if you look at the link under my signature,the mackwester thread there are possabilities for anybody who doesn't mind putting in a bit of effort
Old 18-03-2013, 19:14   #42

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimichele View Post

alright. got it. i'm going to be ignoring all rude posts and i'm a nice person and it seems like there are a lot of cyber bullies on this page. i'm going to go play on facebook where i'm loved
I'm sorry, I wasn't intentionally trying to be rude. I truly hope you find your boat. You have already set yourself apart from the others by your willingness to put some effort into in the form of trade/money.
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
Old 18-03-2013, 19:18   #43

Boat: Sabre 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauimichele
''Ignore Coops''
Mymichele,
If you ignore coops you will miss out on many a laugh. At least if you like farside kind of humor. Hell just looking at his avatar gets me giggling.
Old 18-03-2013, 19:47   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

You will probably not read this then, but so be it. I have NOT made you the butt of my jokes, in fact, you seem to be a little sensitive to any kind of post with any kind of humour in it at all. If I was going to put a "can I have for free" post anywhere, on any forum, on any topic, I would be really naive if I thought that there would not be some folks having a bit of a laugh at my expense. I would also expect some real nasty comments from some, but have not seen any apart from you judging others. I am happy to be ignored, and used to it, i was after all married for a short time.

PS. Just received a "thanks" from the OP, Must have pressed the wrong button methinks.

Coops.
Old 18-03-2013, 19:53   #45

Boat: Catalina 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coops View Post
You will probably not read this then, but so be it. I have NOT made you the butt of my jokes, in fact, you seem to be a little sensitive to any kind of post with any kind of humour in it at all. If I was going to put a "can I have" post anywhere, on any forum, on any topic, I would be really naive if I thought that there would not be some folks having a bit of a laugh at my expense. I would also expect some real nasty comments from some, but have not seen any apart from you judging others. I am happy to be ignored, and used to it, i was after all married for a short time.

Coops.
On the other hand, it is worth a shot. People on Freecycle often ask for ridiculous things like cars or free housing, and sometimes they post a "thank you, I got it" response. Ya just never know.