Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-02-2015, 11:33   #1

Boat: LeComte NorthEast 38
Help Bringing 2 Long But Light Sticks From FL to NY?

hello all,

i recently bought a UK lazy cradle here on this forum. i'm in Brooklyn and the seller is in FL. shipping the fabric was easy and that part is great, but there are two fiberglass battens that couldn't ship that i would still like to get my hands on; they are 12 foot long each and i would prefer not to have to cut/splice them but no shipping service i asked would ship anything that long. so:

if anyone is planning to make a trip from Florida up north (either heading to New York, or passing by in a way that would make it possible for me to meet up) before the sailing season starts here in April-May, and would be ever so kind as to bring them up for me, or knows of a shipping service that wouldn't charge me an arm and a leg for doing that, i would really appreciate your help!

incidentally, ordering new ones here in NYC from UK Sails directly is prohibitively expensive (at least for me): it would run smth like $12/foot, and although this sounds like daylight robbery - that may be very close to "cost to them including shipping".

i am currently exploring all reasonable options and their costs.

thank you!
anton