Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2011, 15:34   #1

Cheoy Lee Offshore 32 Restoration Project

My husband and I are reluctantly selling our '78 Richards design Offshore 32. Currently on the hard Green Cove Springs, FL. We bought it 2 years ago, sailed her from Key West to Beaufort, SC and back to Jacksonville area, and finally realized that there are more impending issues than we can handle right now. She's just verging on a project boat, but one that is over our heads in money, skill, and time. This boat was designed for offshore work, amazing layout, gorgeous boat. She sails now, engine is good, decks are bad, and there are plenty of other issues that are going to need attention soon. We love this boat..and want to see it go to a good home, i.e. someone who recognizes its potential, and is willing and able to put time and money into restoration. Therefore the price will be reasonable. We are in the beginning stages of putting it on the market...I will be putting up proper ads with specifics soon. Just getting it out there for the moment in case anyone is looking. If interested, I can answer any questions and provide more information. Thank you
Old 17-01-2011, 17:12   #2

HEY! I live down in Cocoa BEach and have brought back to life a 1964 Alden, brought a 32ft Endeavor up from being sunk in 2-4ft of water near New Smyrna and done a number of other project boats. I still have 3 gallons of epoxy, 40lbs of clothe, a new head, 2 new batteries, a rebuilt head, a stove, several anchors, several old sails, GOBS of cordage brand new, deck fittings widgets, lasers, photon torpedoes, new landing gear etc just waiting for a project! Terry 321 480 3006
Old 17-01-2011, 17:19   #3

Terabika, whatcha want for one of those photon torpedoes ?
Old 19-01-2011, 06:38   #4

Boat: Cheoylee Offshore 38, Southcoast 23
backyard boatyard

Hey Maggiemae, I have a CL Richards Offshore 38 in my backyard, here in St. Augustine. That project is coming along fairly nicely, albeit slowly, thanks to my not having to pay the boatyard fees for the duration of the rebuild. Of course, there will be the cost of removing it from my yard later, but it's priceless to be able to work on it everyday after work,weekends and nights. Sorry you dream is dissolving. Wish I could help!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:30   #5

Thanks

svmosaic: I hope Blackbirds next owner has a setup like you've got...you're probably less likely to do hastey work with no yard fees to pay. And thanks for your concern. The dreams aren't dissolving though..the path to reaching them just seems to shift around a lot. Keeps things interesting, I guess.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14   #6

Boat: Westerly Centaur
Hi Madmaggiemae. I've been looking at your ad already.It's the ideal boat for me and where I want to be to start my journey.
Sorting out a major family illness for the moment but if it isnt sold too soon I am certainly interested. I believe the main concern is the teak decking and teak replacement in the interior.
Time aplenty I will have for that sort of work before a leisurely retirement into the Bahamas, where that boat belongs.
Regards Simon
Old 17-02-2011, 05:08   #7

Is the boat still for sale...???
Old 17-02-2011, 08:47   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to joey69
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadlaroche View Post
Terabika, whatcha want for one of those photon torpedoes ?
Beam me up Scotty !!!!

Tags
cheoy lee