Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2023, 00:27   #1

New Boat UK registration and EU Temporary Import VAT documentation

We are buying a new FP Astrea 42 in France and would like to get some professional help with UK registration and EU VAT temporary import documentation.

A few facts:
  • I am a British citizen resident in the UK
  • I would like to sail the boat in the Mediterranean for a couple of years before sailing to the Caribbean and South Pacific
  • I do not plan to bring the boat to the UK
  • I plan to register the boat in the UK small ships registry

I would like to use temporary import of the boat into the EU to enable us to be EU VAT exempt for 18 months. I plan to cruise but am being asked for a final country of export and am not sure what country to give. We plan to sail to Turkey in the first season to reset the Schengen clock. Can you recommend someone to help with navigating the boat registration and EU VAT temporary import documentation to ensure this is done correctly?
2Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2023, 01:24   #2

Re: New Boat UK registration and EU Temporary Import VAT documentation

Yes, I can help with this I have just been through the process if you take delivery in France i need to understand what your exact plan is , as the first stages can be key. We went through the British registration also which is a bit tiresome can go through that with you too. What do you like about a cat?
Craig
minime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, documentation, import, men, new boat, registration