Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-11-2023, 04:25   #1

Lavezzi 40 water tank guage

After arriving at the boat this year the water tank guage is no longer registering an accurate quantity. I’m assuming it’s probably the sensor but I can’t find an access to the top of the tank to check it. Any Lavezzi owners had this issue and the fix if you found one? TIA
lyleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2023, 17:49   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Lavezzi 40 water tank guage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyleh View Post
After arriving at the boat this year the water tank guage is no longer registering an accurate quantity. I’m assuming it’s probably the sensor but I can’t find an access to the top of the tank to check it. Any Lavezzi owners had this issue and the fix if you found one? TIA
If you have owner version in STB you find access to top of the water tank by taking the back wall out of the storage closet which is on the left side directly after the door.

On BB you have to take off the wooden panel in the Bow cabin on the right side above the bed. Mine had Phillips screws on top part but was quite tight squeezed in. Sucktion cups to pull it out help a lot as you have nowhere to grab to. Then you have full access to the tank.
A tip: Before putting back together I glued square wood pieces 30mmx30mm to bottom and top of the hull plus sanded the bottom corners of the panel a tiny bit back with 40 grid paper. Then you can easy put panel back on and simply screw it in place. I also glued a wooden square of 45x45mm pieces in the middle of the board, 22 mm recessed and on top a 22m plate. That’s the base where the wall hanging washing machine from Daewoo is screwed to later. Then on top the wooden panel which is about 10mm thick. The Daewoo is then screwed through the panel to the 22mmm board behind it. Only place you fit a washing machine on the Lavezzi. If you need access to tank you simply unscrew the 4 bolts and take washing Maschine off, now you can take off panel like before.

Before I do that I would clean the tanks with Yachticon super tank cleaner. Most likely there is grime or growing stuff on the sensor. You need 2 packages, that’s a bit overdosing but will clean all out. Another common issue is the negative or ground wire that goes from the gauge at the navstation to the back of Serveral switches, contact spray helps to cure it. Only if this 2 doesn‘t work I would check top of tanks.
On mine there is only one sensor in the BB tank as both tanks are connected.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:00   #3

Thank you for the detailed reply. Mine is the 3 cabin and I have located the access on the port side. Now I just have to try and troubleshoot the guage. I’ll let you know what I find out.
Old 08-12-2023, 03:51   #4

I was able to access the water tank guage sending unit through the top inspection hatch. The float on the bottom of the tube was no longer functioning. Attached a small piece of closed cell foam to the bottom of the part that slides up and down with the water quantity and it now works again.

Tags
Lavezzi, water