Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2017, 11:28   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46
Bahia 46 Sliding Door

Anyone have a fix for the sliding door apparently now grinding on the frame as it slides? Sounds terrible and is difficult to open and close.

The locking pin also seems to have begun to hang low as you can now hear it clicking past each of the holes in the frame. If someone knows where to grab a fully new locking mechanism, I'd be up for completely replacing the guts.

Thx
Old 27-02-2017, 12:49   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46
Re: Bahia 46 Sliding Door

The only time the door on our Bahia started grinding on the bottom of the frame was when dirt got down there. Cleaning out the channel that the door slides in solved the problem but I'm assuming you've already tried that?

The locking mechanism I can't help with - maybe Fountaine Pajot could supply a replacement? But as a temporary 'fix' you could try locking the pin in the up position every time you unlock the door.

Just a word of caution, if you remove the aluminium rectangular cover plate that covers the horizontal and vertical sliders, be aware that there is a small spring and a small ball bearing in there. Don't ask me how I know...
Bill4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 01:56   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

If it is like the Athena, the door runs in a U shaped flock lined rubber channel inside the aluminium channel. This eventually wears away and the door drops with aluminium on aluminiom grinding. The flock lined rubber is used in older vehicles for sliding windows etc so firms who supply stuff for restoring old vehicles will have it. Failing that go direct to FP.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2017, 03:47   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41

There are also rollers in the bottom of the doors. They get stuck start dragging and wear out. Then the door drops and the latch drags.

Take the door down and inspect it. If they are still the rollers on the current door you can get them from FP. If not you will have to have them fabricated. It has been to long since I had a Bahia door down to remember for sure which rollers they used.
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2023, 07:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelen View Post
Anyone have a fix for the sliding door apparently now grinding on the frame as it slides? Sounds terrible and is difficult to open and close.

The locking pin also seems to have begun to hang low as you can now hear it clicking past each of the holes in the frame. If someone knows where to grab a fully new locking mechanism, I'd be up for completely replacing the guts.

Thx
I removed the door on my Bahia 2002 and made new plastic rails.
The door does not run on rollers but rather on plastic guides.
If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know :-)

Best regards
Skorpi1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bahia