Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-06-2018, 15:20   #121
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42
Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

Hi Mark

Did you get info you needed on screecher yet? Keep us posted as might be interested too as I got the bowsprit added.
Old 20-06-2018, 15:40   #122
BKC

Rdhdandme

Great to hear! I believe Astrea is scheduled for Annapolis Show. Hard to believe lead time for ACY is now 2020. Wow. A heck of a lot of demand for these boats. In fact someone chartered our boat for a whole month immediately (from Day 1!) that it is available in Jan '19 in Abaco. I can't help being a little jealous that I don't have a month to play around on my brand new boat!! Haha.
Thought - might be worth asking Dream Yacht if they can get you a slot a lot sooner? Their Performance Program seems very similiar.
Keep us posted in your progress.
Old 20-06-2018, 22:40   #123
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Hi Brian Sorry you were unable to get a sail in France. Just letting you know my Hull# 2 is on the container ship ETA Sydney 23/7 and will be at the Sydney Boat Show which one of the forum members has booked a look. Whilst it won't be full spec [I set mine up for coastal cruising so she will be a bit heavier] after chartering a Nautitech open46 I changed the port head shower cubicle back to 2 heads.
Being a heavy use Charterer myself I concur with all the advice on this by Forum members, so looking forward to bring that experience to my own vessel.
With respect to performance # 1 had a carbon mast I think which distorts the numbers however mine was sailed over to UK for shipping and performed very well no detail . In closing I am talking to my guys of having a few days maybe on the Harbour so will report numbers to you. Buying unseen is turning my hair grey! cheers Alan
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 22:59   #124

Boat: FP Lucia 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
Hi Brian Sorry you were unable to get a sail in France. Just letting you know my Hull# 2 is on the container ship ETA Sydney 23/7 and will be at the Sydney Boat Show which one of the forum members has booked a look. Whilst it won't be full spec [I set mine up for coastal cruising so she will be a bit heavier] after chartering a Nautitech open46 I changed the port head shower cubicle back to 2 heads.
Being a heavy use Charterer myself I concur with all the advice on this by Forum members, so looking forward to bring that experience to my own vessel.
With respect to performance # 1 had a carbon mast I think which distorts the numbers however mine was sailed over to UK for shipping and performed very well no detail . In closing I am talking to my guys of having a few days maybe on the Harbour so will report numbers to you. Buying unseen is turning my hair grey! cheers Alan

Hi Alan
Looking forward to seeing your boat in Sydney in August. We have hull # 27 on order and keen to see the boat in reality!! Ours is a 3 cabin version and we plan on taking delivery in France in May 2019.
Cheers David
One Day More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 23:38   #125
MAE

Congratulations David, mine also so be good to meet you and see what you think cheers Alan
Old 21-06-2018, 00:40   #126

Hi all. We are in! Deposit paid to Multihull Solutions for a May 2020 deliver in La Rochelle. Enjoying following the thread to date and looking forward to contributing when possible. We have the owners version with the 40hp engines and are still researching what to do about the generator, the air con, water maker, sail wardrobe, etc etc. Such an exciting adventure! No idea what hull number we got but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

We have organised to see the Astrea 42 that is going to the Sydney Boat Show and then being brought up to Mooloolaba in mid August.

Two years is a long time to wait but we have a share in a Seawind 1160 at Manly and will be 'practicing' on that in preparation for the big trip.

Ken and Karen

#TheCunningPlan
VP and the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 01:25   #127

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Helia 44 Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by VP and the Fox View Post
Hi all. We are in! Deposit paid to Multihull Solutions for a May 2020 deliver in La Rochelle. Enjoying following the thread to date and looking forward to contributing when possible. We have the owners version with the 40hp engines and are still researching what to do about the generator, the air con, water maker, sail wardrobe, etc etc. Such an exciting adventure! No idea what hull number we got but I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

We have organised to see the Astrea 42 that is going to the Sydney Boat Show and then being brought up to Mooloolaba in mid August.

Two years is a long time to wait but we have a share in a Seawind 1160 at Manly and will be 'practicing' on that in preparation for the big trip.

Ken and Karen

#TheCunningPlan
Congrats guys. Awesome. I know what it feels like.to wait....[emoji24]
Old 21-06-2018, 01:39   #128

I have the sail plan. the broker is working on getting me that bowsprit and mast details. those details will determine the equipment requirements.
mark washeim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2018, 11:38   #129
BKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
Hi Alan:

Sounds like you'll be the first to get delivery (that we know of on here anyway). Can't wait to hear what you think when you see the boat in the flesh. Couple of questions:

HEADS:
You've gone for 2 heads, 2 showers (?) on the Port hull? What config on the Starboard? Did you go for the shared central shower? (If so, very keen to see how that was now handled as hull #1 was not properly isolated and they assured me that the final version would be isolated.

DAVITS V's PLATFORM for tender: What did you go for? I'm hoping/assuming you went for Davits. Very keen to see how these are handled as the set up on the Lucia had a rather oddly arranged flat block on the port side which made handling difficult (and will break quickly).

GALLEY - OVEN: Did you go for propane oven V's the built-in convection option. Again, if standard oven, love to see pics of the set up i.e. did they keep the cabinet overhead and could one fit a small aftermarket microwave oven in there?

We are off to Greece for a charter out of Athens in the Saronic gulf tomorrow night. Taking a Leopard 40 so am hoping we don't like it too much!
Old 21-06-2018, 11:44   #130
BKC

Congrats on the purchase Ken and Karen!! There will be quite the fleet of Astreas in Oz. You'll have to have a rally in 2020. Might have a lead on a case or two of Bundaberg rum!
Old 21-06-2018, 11:49   #131
BKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark washeim View Post
I have the sail plan. the broker is working on getting me that bowsprit and mast details. those details will determine the equipment requirements.
Great to hear Mark. Let me know when you have full details worked out and possibly willing to share a quote here or by DM? Thanks!
Old 21-06-2018, 20:09   #132
MAE

Hi Brian,
Yes good to see we Aussies have taken to the FP brand with Lagoons , Balis Leopards, Dufours I think it's build quality. Sounds like we have set up our boats to suit our needs. For me it's about solo sailing , avoiding marinas, getting to a destination and then having the family fly in for a few weeks. Hopefully I can get all those future owners visiting the Boat Show together and we can post/video to you our likes /dislikes...every-one is different but excited! In answer to your questions

HEADS.
If I intended to charter my boat I would definitely do the WOW factor of the central shower as Estelle from Cat Guru said," this is what the charter operators have been asking for."I have chosen to relate the cabins with a more ensuite approach, also one less area to clean or wall fixing in rough weather. STB is the owners version.
DAVITS V PLATFORM
Yes big decision here...cost v convenience. Went with the platform thinking solo anchoring/ mooring times, rubbish removal etc, then with guests / kids ease the pressure on cockpit space,fishing mess, snorkelling etc. Sort of looked at it like creating a separate area around the edge of a pool.Make sense?

GALLEY_OVEN
I am the worst cook in the world so beware of these comments and yes that space is there. Ordered the gas Australian standard stove with BBQ. However I am experimenting at home here with a Convection Microwave oven to replace. So far given how much frozen food on board and given my power supply [ we have different gas bottles/ connectors in Aus],I have more than halved my cooking time from "freezer to table" if that helps.I may now be able to delegate to some-else ha ha I suspect charterers would like it.
Off to Greece? Green with envy!The Leopard is a great boat but I always seemed to stub my toe on the ledge going from the cockpit to the saloon Safe trip and thanks once again for starting this Forum Alan
Old 06-07-2018, 07:46   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC View Post
Great to hear Mark. Let me know when you have full details worked out and possibly willing to share a quote here or by DM? Thanks!
the boats will be equipped with 1:1 halyards & a padeye on the bowsprit to bend the furler too
mark washeim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:30   #134

In the pics, there is a winch on the port side behind the table. What would that be used for? Helia has one there too, but it also has a separate winch for the dinghy.
Fdt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 13:49   #135
BKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fdt92 View Post
In the pics, there is a winch on the port side behind the table. What would that be used for? Helia has one there too, but it also has a separate winch for the dinghy.
That should be part of the bowsprit package (I have just written a note to FP asking for this confirmation coincidentally). It would be used to manage that fore sail when in use. Should be one on Starboard side also.

I have however seen videos with folks using that Port side winch as a second winch for the dinghy davit system. The electric winch (starboard transom) only manages one line (the heavy end with the outboard). However, having a single block (on Lucia 40- not sure of Helia or Astrea) for the other side of the dinghy with no winch is hard labor!! To make matters worse, the block on the boat we chartered was mounted horizontally so required you to be on your knees to be able to haul it. (And after just 12 weeks the block was almost worn through). This was still on my list to FP today. They have been glacial in terms of response speed on any specs to date - getting a bit frustrating to be honest.