Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2023, 10:24   #1

New Zealand ENC s-63 Update failed due to missing base cell

I'm wondering if anyone else is reporting this problem with OpenCPN. It may be an OpenCPN bug, but a wierd one. What happens is that most of the New Zealand ENC charts do not import. I only see about half a dozen, when I should see far more. After cell permit import, but before chart import, the generated .os63 cell files have a cellpermit line that matches the permit.txt file. After import, on ones that do not load, the file has not been updated to contain a cellbase line. In the log for every chart that fails to load, I see entries like: 23:14:16.405 MESSAGE s63_pi.cpp:1470 s63_pi: Update failed due to missing base cell for: NZ300268. That path to the NZ3000268 directory does exist and the subfolders do contain a .000 base file. Any ideas?
wrayx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 03:15   #2

Question Re: New Zealand ENC s-63 Update failed due to missing base cell

Well New Zealand just released its new base file NZENC WK2023-27 BASE. I downloaded this and redid the charts and all appeared. I had checked every box for troubleshooting the previous one, including database rebuild, redownloading, changing directories of installation, redownload of permits and reinstallation, reimporting chart files and on and on. Nothing had helped. I did a comparison of the old and the new folders and nothing significant that would prevent most charts from loading with that error was evident. So mystery not solved, but I have charts.
wrayx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 08:44   #3

Boat: Cross 46 Trimaran 'Migration'
Re: New Zealand ENC s-63 Update failed due to missing base cell

For those looking for New Zealand Charts in addition to the government issued ENCs, TheChartLocker.com now has ArcGIS, Bing Satellite, Google Satellite and Navionics MBTiles for the entire country. All free, of course.

Cheers,
Bruce
Old 05-11-2023, 16:33   #4

Boat: Current yacht:Alden 46, previous yachts:Cavalier 32, Joshua steel ketch -12m, Traveller 32,Rawson 30
Re: New Zealand ENC s-63 Update failed due to missing base cell

BTW, as of 8 Dec 2023, NZ raster charts will no longer be available as a free download from the NZ govt maritime website.

https://www.linz.govt.nz/products-se...nzmariner-rncs

If you want them, better hurry up. Personally I prefer the look of raster charts.

Vectors (ENC's) used to be available as a free download, but now you have to go through all this BS to get them. There is a rationale for why this is the case, but I won't bore you with it.
nuku34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, New Zealand