Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2016, 08:58   #1066

Re: Help / FAQ

I just upgraded to OSX 4.2 and I get the following error:

OpenCPN cannot be opened because of a problem.

Check with the developer to make sure OpenCPN works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X.

I searched for El Capitan (my version of OS X) but could find nothing relevant. If I missed it, please excuse my error.

Thanks
sailracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 10:25   #1067

Boat: Amel Sharki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailracer View Post
I just upgraded to OSX 4.2 and I get the following error:
There is no OSX 4.2 available. The latest OS X Version is 10.11.4

Gerhard
CarCode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 10:27   #1068
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39

But Gerhard .. he installed OCPN 4.2 for OS-X (El Capitán)
bcn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2016, 11:17   #1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcn View Post
But Gerhard .. he installed OCPN 4.2 for OS-X (El Capitán)
He wrote: "I just upgraded to OSX 4.2 and I get the following error:"
Might be he wanted to write: "I just upgraded to OpenCPN 4.2 and I get the following error" but he didn't.
Furthermore he cannot install OpenCPN 4.2 for OS X because it has sadly no installer. Possibly he opened the *.dmg file and tried to start OpenCPN from there which doesn't work. But nobody knows...

Gerhard
Old 19-04-2016, 20:21   #1070

Re: Help / FAQ - Problems of launching, GPS/AIS and mouse pointer

Hello all,

Since some times I have problems with Opencpn. I don't remember with what version they begun but I get them with 4.2. I don't know how to get older versions to try them.

Opencpn is running with LinuxMint 17.

First when I launch Opencpn it is frozen. The screen is frozen. I must wait about 30 s before I can do anything.
Secondly, after the 30 s, the GPS/AIS is not recognized at the first time. The connexion is good, settings are good. I have to close Opencpn and then open it again,wait 30 s again and then GPS/AIS is recognized automatically.
Third thing, when the mouse pointer, for a reason or an other, change for the waiting pointer (circle with some points running in it), it never come back to the arrow and I keep the waiting pointer.

Except that it seems to work fine (i haven't test all...), but it isn't easy to work with the waiting pointer, a little to much big...

I had installed Opencpn by compiling it. So I have tried to uninstall all files in "install_manifest.txt" and then a search for "opencpn" and each time I have deleted the repertory ".opencpn". Like that nothing remains from Opencpn. Then I have installed it from Synaptic (trusty). I just put the charts, without changing any other settings and it is the same.

I don't think that the problems come from Opencpn, not sure, but I cannot fix them and I need some help. Thanks for that.

I don't get Internet all the time, sometimes I must wait for 3/5 days to get it. Don't be surprised if I don't answer quickly if you try to help me.
jpiebrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 14:55   #1071

Gerhard, please pardon my typing so quickly. I typed "OSX 4.2" but meant OpenCPN 4.2 OSX version. Sorry if this created confusion.

You write that the OSX version of OpenCPN has no installer. How, then, do I install version 4.2? It's worked for me with every previous version.
sailracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 02:52   #1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailracer View Post
Gerhard, please pardon my typing so quickly. I typed "OSX 4.2" but meant OpenCPN 4.2 OSX version. Sorry if this created confusion.

You write that the OSX version of OpenCPN has no installer. How, then, do I install version 4.2? It's worked for me with every previous version.
The OpenCPN version from opencpn.org has no installer but comes with a *.dmg file. Not every user new to OS X knows what a *.dmg file is. It is simply an image which can be mounted by opening the *.dmg file. The application inside the mounted *.dmg file have to be dragged to the Applications folder to work. Starting the app out of the mounted *.dmg file does not work.

Gerhard
Old 25-04-2016, 18:51   #1073

Does ver. 4.2 support BSB4 ver. 1.2 ?
I have used 4.1.1301 with this driver to no avail, had to revert to ver. 4.0. Requesting clarification.
victor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 19:02   #1074

Boat: Phantom 19

victor15...
No. Always use the version of the BSB4 plugin currently available at PlugIns for OpenCPN 4.2 | Official OpenCPN Homepage, currently 1.4. It is the only one we support.

Pavel
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 21:22   #1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
victor15...
No. Always use the version of the BSB4 plugin currently available at PlugIns for OpenCPN 4.2 | Official OpenCPN Homepage, currently 1.4. It is the only one we support.

Pavel
I just tried. It doesn't work somehow. It is the .exe file not .dll as previous version. Now I am trying to revert back to 4.0 with some difficulties.
Eventually I managed to open this .exe file but what it did I don't know.
4.2 didn't recognize. May by I should re-boot computer. I use Widows 7, 32 bit Pro. Cheers
Old 26-04-2016, 03:04   #1076

It is a setup package, please run it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-04-2016, 08:07   #1077

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Just changed this plugin installation page to
Install and Enable | Official OpenCPN Homepage
Quote:
For Windows the downloaded file is usually an executable ".exe" installation file. Click on the file and follow the instructions. If the file is a "_.dll" place the downloaded "pluginxx.dll" in a "plugins" sub folder of your OpenCPN installation folder. A common location is C:\Program Files\OpenCPN\plugins.
Once the plugin is in the right directory, restart OpenCPN and proceed to enabling the plugin.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 08:33   #1078

Thanks rgleason,
So much aggravation with that .exe file, in the old days it was just .dll and it was much simpler. After executing it created bsb4_pi.dll straight into OCPN program files and as usual moved to plugins and after enabling it works !!!. I've been sweating for nothing.
Cheers,
Victor
Old 28-04-2016, 03:30   #1079

4.2 problem

I have 4.2 and I am having a problem. When I go to exit it hangs up and will not exit. I then have to use task manager to close it. This is not always but most of the time. Also on older versions what ever chart I was on when I quit last time would be what it is on when I start again. Now it is always the same. I am on Windows 7.
Any ideas?
Bob
svadagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 04:38   #1080

svadagio...
May we see the end of your logfile after the hang happens?
Are you using some plugins not part of the standard distribution? Are they the latest version? If so which ones and does the hang happen if you disable them? If so, can you try to isolate the one causing it?

Pavel