Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2010, 09:39   #1

Boat: Endeavour 40
Tachometer 'Tached Out' !?

I have had no problems until last week when I tried to start up the Perkins 4-108 in my Endeavour 40. The starter would not engage although I could hear the solenoid getting power. After I tried unsuccessfully many times to bump the starter over (it had been several weeks since it was last started) I finally resorted to jumping the solenoid over to force it to spin. Now my engine starts better than it has in months, but when I turn the key over the tach goes right over to the high side and stays pegged out. I removed the panel and went through each of the connections in the back with no abnormalities or changes. I fired up the engine and it runs just fine but with the tach pegged out you have no way of setting power. Have I fried my tach? starter solenoid? I'm pulling my schematics out this weekend, but since I'm traveling now I was curious if anyone else has had this problem before. Thanks!

Daniel
s/v Geneve is offline   Reply With Quote