Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2022, 04:17   #1

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran
Source for 4G B&G Radome in France

Hi,

I share the following to help others in their quest of sourcing a reasonably priced B&G 4G radome.

Last week I got a recommendation from our member carcode that there are some very reasonably priced 4G B&G radomes available at the French Atlantic coast.

These are not the very latest generation with Doppler, but they are already 4g solid state radomes & fully supported by the OpenCPN radar plug in.
We will use it with OpenCPN without a plotter.

They had an add up on the French small add site Leboncoin.

I was a bit sceptical at first (Hotmail adress, no PayPal...) , but we ordered one and I got confirmation yesterday by our harbour master in France that the radome has arrived and that it is actually in the box together with 20m cable and the junction box.
I also got a proper invoice for the radome and guarantee.

As we had problems with accessing Leboncoin from abroad without French phone number, here are their coordinates.
We got the details for our purchase from friends in France who also said that the seller is genuine in their view.
You may need to contact in French language though. The hotmail address worked for us.

AVENTES
06 50 72 08 93
ADRESSE MAIL :
contact@aventes.fr
aventes@hotmail.fr

https://www.aventes.fr/

https://www.leboncoin.fr/equipement_...2104842887.htm

I'm not in any way guaranteeing that yours will arrive too and that it is fully functional (we have not tested ours yet!), but I now believe this a good source.

Tags
France