Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2022, 03:57   #1

Boat: Catalina 42 MK II
Ramarine MFD WiFi Router Port

I am attempting to identify the port setting for my Raymarine Axios Pro’s internal WiFi router. I have already identified the IP address (192.168.214.1) but can’t seem to ferret out the port #.

I need this so I can use Aquamaps for navigation when we sail to the Bahamas sometime in the next few weeks - weather permitting of course.

Any ideas how to locate the port #?

Thanks in advance.
OrignalBudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 04:40   #2

Re: Ramarine MFD WiFi Router Port

Unfortunately, I don't believe that the Axiom Wifi broadcasts NMEA data to other (non-proprietary) devices. At least that was the answer as of 2020 (might have changed since): https://forum.raymarine.com/showthre...?tid=10242&utm

Some options that would work by plugging into the Raymarine NMEA backbone are:
Cheapest to most expensive:

1. build a Raspberry Pi with OpenPlotter and a Pican Hat (moderate tech level required but also the most features.)
2. Device net NMEA wifi gateway https://yachtdevicesus.com/products/...ateway-ydwg-02 (limited features)
3. Floathub https://floathub.com/ neat features for monitoring and great customer support
4. Vesper 8000 or Cortex

I am currently using 1 and 3 and have my eyes on #4.
Sailbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:15   #3

Thanks, Sailbaum.

I’m baffled at how “last millennium” marine electronics are. The closed systems, lack of interoperability, and closed systems is primitive. Reminds me of the late 1980s when PCs were first coming on board for consumers.

Looks like the devices you’ve identified all require manual connection of some sort. That’s abusrd in the era when Bluetooth and Wifi connectivity have matured to the point of actually being reliable.

I will look into those options you identified.
Old 03-03-2022, 05:24   #4

To identify what TCP or UDP ports are available on your Raymarine MFD, you could use the old tried & tested nmap tool.

As a variation to option 1. listed below, the previous version of OpenCPN (v5.2) included the TwoCan plugin which is another inexpensive method for integrating NMEA 2000 networks.
stevead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 02:53   #5

Boat: 1988 Sunward 48' Ketch

Device net NMEA wifi gateway https://yachtdevicesus.com/products/...ateway-ydwg-02 (limited features)

We’ve used this device for ~4 years. I plugs into the Raymarine NMEA network at any open connection. It’s been reliable and useful.
dlane1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 12:39   #6

Boat: FP Helia 44

Are you trying to display Aquamap on your Raymarine Axiom? Will the Yacht Devices Gateway do that?
Heliades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 13:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliades View Post
Are you trying to display Aquamap on your Raymarine Axiom? Will the Yacht Devices Gateway do that?
I don't know if Aquamap charts can be displayed on Raymarine MFDs or not. I'm trying to retrieve my AIS and GPS data so I can use an iPad in place of the Raymarine Axiom Pro S when navigating with the Aquamap charts.

In answer to the second question, it seems that is the case.
Old 04-03-2022, 13:35   #8

Boat: 1988 Sunward 48' Ketch

We’ve not used our YDWG WiFi Gateway to display Aquamaps on any Raymarine display. Rather, we’ve transmitted Raymarine NMEA2000 navigational data via the YDWG to other devices not on the Raymarine network. The most common reason is for data entry into an electronic Logbook.
dlane1181 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marine, route, wifi