Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2015, 07:33   #16
Eternal Member

Boat: Cabo Rico 38
Re: MMSI help

The help number is on the boat, I'll pick it up later today. Basically if I remember, you need to fill out form 159 to get an ID, then use that if to log on to form 605 to fill out license application. Finally pay for it which I did online with credit card. I had my station call sign and MMSI within 48 hrs by e-mail. When filling out the license application there is a place for selecting equipment. Select them all. There is no extra charge and if you later add anything you won't need a
new license. The whole thing is expensive $215.

Keep in mind that if you are only going to be in domestic waters, you don't need a station license and Boat US can assign an MMSI for free.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
cabo_sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2015, 17:24   #17

Boat: Kaufman 47
Re: MMSI help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo_sailor View Post
The help number is on the boat, I'll pick it up later today. Basically if I remember, you need to fill out form 159 to get an ID, then use that if to log on to form 605 to fill out license application. Finally pay for it which I did online with credit card. I had my station call sign and MMSI within 48 hrs by e-mail. When filling out the license application there is a place for selecting equipment. Select them all. There is no extra charge and if you later add anything you won't need a
new license. The whole thing is expensive $215.

Keep in mind that if you are only going to be in domestic waters, you don't need a station license and Boat US can assign an MMSI for free.

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Thanks I just did it all! I did run into a snag initially when I went to create a FRN. I forgot I was already in the system for my Radio Operator license I have from getting my 3rd mate unlimited license. So I had to do that whole password change stuff!

The $215 isn't that much if you look at it for the life of the license.. What is it 5 or 10 years? Cant remember.. So it helps take the sting away if you look at it that way, but upfront costs for filling out a form does seem steep.

The only thing I wasn't sure about so I just put a number was the vessel capacity. I put 10 because even if I were offshore racing with full crew I wouldn't want more than that many on board. And I left epirb and liferaft blank...

But it's done and paid for so hopefully I hear from them this week. Then I'll be ready for an AIS when I get it and will setup my radios when I get those installed soon.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
SailRedemption is offline   Reply With Quote