Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2020, 10:41   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Re: B & G Zeus2 won’t shut off

Why don’t you call Customer service?
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 13:27   #17

Boat: KM Yachts Makkum Bestevaer 53

I did, before posting here. Answer was: load last version of SW (it’s on the last version already). Same suggestions as in the manual about the red and yellow wires. No other possible solutions were suggested. It looks like it is a fault in the plotter however since it is out of warranty I will see if there are any other issues and if not I will fit a separate switch to turn it off by taking away the power.
STAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 14:40   #18

I have the same problem. I have owned the B&G Zeus2 12" for 5 years and it failed. They sent me a factory reconditioned unit for which I paid $1450. It has software version 18.3. I spoke with their tech support and they had me try a reset to default settings, then a complete factory reset, then they asked me to check if the yellow wire was not tied to +12 VDC. Same problem. They told me to RMA the unit back to repair facility. It should arrive there next week. I am waiting for word as to what they find. But, based on your experience I am beginning to wonder if this is caused by some issue with the 18.3 software. It is strange that we both have the same problem. Otherwise the new unit works fine. I am going to call their tech support tomorrow and ask them to explain how multiple people are having the same problem with these units. I can shut off power to the unit at the DC breaker panel and then turn the breaker back on and power it up with the button on the front of the console as you would normally.
JIM8173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 14:52   #19

So we have exactly the same happening with the unit. I am very curious to the response from B&G. Where are you located? I am in the Netherlands.
Old 16-06-2020, 15:29   #20

Boat: F-82 tri.

I purchased a rebuilt Zeus2 prior to completing the construction of my tri. I installed it recently and found that it was in a loop of shutting down every 30 - 45 seconds. On a different thread on CF someone advised that when in a loop try the following:
Turn off breaker and disconnect the N2k plug to ensure that transducers were not creating the problem.
I tried this and still had the loop issue.......so I removed the chart micro sd card and it corrected the problem, no more loop.
Now I do not use the plotter with the card installed.
F82paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2020, 22:55   #21

In my situation there is absolutely nothing connected yet, only power. The unit is installed after a refit, we are launching this Friday. The network radar and other transducers will be connected next week. Hopefully no other problems will occur.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:04   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIM8173 View Post
I have the same problem. I have owned the B&G Zeus2 12" for 5 years and it failed. They sent me a factory reconditioned unit for which I paid $1450. It has software version 18.3. I spoke with their tech support and they had me try a reset to default settings, then a complete factory reset, then they asked me to check if the yellow wire was not tied to +12 VDC. Same problem. They told me to RMA the unit back to repair facility. It should arrive there next week. I am waiting for word as to what they find. But, based on your experience I am beginning to wonder if this is caused by some issue with the 18.3 software. It is strange that we both have the same problem. Otherwise the new unit works fine. I am going to call their tech support tomorrow and ask them to explain how multiple people are having the same problem with these units. I can shut off power to the unit at the DC breaker panel and then turn the breaker back on and power it up with the button on the front of the console as you would normally.

Hi, again, did you manage to get a response from Navico on the issue? Mine still exists...
Old 23-12-2021, 02:58   #23

Boat: Bavaria 430 Caribic

Hi, i have the same problem now....did anyone ever find the reason for this behavior? I also moved the micro SD cards to another display in the network, but the problem persisted. It is almost as if the on/off button is stuck....which seems unlikely because of the construction...
jdderijke is offline   Reply With Quote