Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Marine Electronics
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-12-2021, 07:37   #1

Boat: Hanse 505 50'
B&G V50 VHF Dual Watch not working

Hi all. Does anyone else have trouble getting dual watch working on B&G V50 VHF units?

My procedure:

Select a channel (e.g 22). Hit "scan". The display indicates "Dual Watch" and the "DW" icon is displayed. It appears to be flicking between 22 and 16. The second channel (16) doesn't seem to be configurable.

This all works for a little while, but after a few minutes to an hour (seems correlated with how much traffic there is on 16) it will get stuck on 16, and no longer keep listening to 22. To get it to work again, I have to start the procedure over.

This is a simple function that my little Standard Horizon handheld does fine, and I can't understand why it is so limited (can't configure 2nd channel) on the B&G then fails altogether.

Don't even get me started on Tri-watch which seems only to let you choose a single channel and the 2nd and 3rd channel must be 16 and 9.

Has anyone had more success that can offer me ideas?
ohthetrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 09:46   #2

Re: B&G V50 VHF Dual Watch not working

same here, did you find what cause the problem?
ers61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 11:24   #3

Boat: Hanse 505 50'

Never found a solution. I called support and B&G want me to buy a new radio to “fix”the problem. Not a satisfactory response.
ohthetrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2022, 22:56   #4

this is crazy. b&g support is terrible. i’ve b&g triton displays too. both their buttons not working. contacted support a year ago. they told me repair doesn’t worth buy a new one and back and forth offered a discount. since then for almost a year i’m waiting for new tritons to arrive. they don’t have them in stock. it’s a year !!

there must a be solution to this, i remember i used to run dual watch successfully must be a setting or something, how such a thing can be broken inside a radio.. terrible experience with b&g
ers61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vhf, work