Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2019, 21:31   #1

Will electric outboards start replacing diesel inboards?

With so many electric cars now, and the world heading toward safe smaller nuclear options, fossil fuels are looking done for, for the most part.

Im wondering how hard for Sail boats retrofitting electric motors will be. I dont think very hard.

The other thing is with Tesla cells replacing fuel tanks and solar, hydro, wind generating electricity and overflow going to the Tesla plant in the boat, we w could see 100% renewable energy on Yachts. Outside the petroleum used to make plastic components and transport everything.

Yay, maybe that massive Ozone hole over NZ you lot have caused will close up, but late for me Ive already had 4 melanomas out. But it is important to not lose our atmosphere or we will end up like Mars. I watch a lot of Planetary Science and Quantum physics videos if you cant tell ;-p

I saw Neil De Grasse Tyson in Auckland NZ, was a little pricey and he didnt cover anything I didnt already know, but none the less it was fun.
LuvSun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, electric, outboard