Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2023, 01:30   #16

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Air Fryer Or Convetion Oven Or Combo

For a family of 4 i would highly recommend the panasonic combo
https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consume...cs89lbbpq.html

its 4 in 1 means microwave, convection oven, steamer and BBQ. you can use each seperatly or combine like convection and steamer. As other said, the convection oven is basically an air fryer.

it has inside a flat bottom, no turning plate and you can use the whole oven on multiple levels at the same time. if you look at the pics you can see how wide it is inside behind the folding down door as all elements are integrated into door and back.

I have the former model NN-CS 598 and this since 4 years as liveaboard but also before 6 years at home and family vacation home as its much more versatile then the big build in ones. when this dies (i don't expect soon as the one in family home is now 10years and still going strong) i don't hesitate a second to get the CS89.
Plus mostly cooking max for 4 and the big one was just too big, just pre-heating took more then double time.
yes its expensive but worth every penny. that combined with a WMF breadmaker that is also used to make cakes. yes you can all make that in the Panasonic too but the breadmaker uses much less energy and automated, just fill in the bread mixture and press button. these 2 in combo, more you don't need.
I always try to load it up to the max eg making a 1kg roast on bottom level with potatos and 2 top each a tray with oven vegatables and eg adding a bit steamer makes everything just perfect juicy, also warm up stuff from day before.
Oven is 1500W, Steamer 1300W, Microwave 1000W and BBQ 800W.
eg slow cooking at 90 degrees (is 80 at the meat) for 2h needs around 80AH as its heating up for 5min, then shuts off and 5-8min later shuts again on for 3 min to keep the 80degress celcius and so on, so a 140A load on the inverter and you can eg easy use induction stove one burner in parallel to eg simmer some sauce or make pasta/risotto... while the roast is in the oven on one victron Multi 3000.
in also offers max internal for the surface it needs plus its made for free standing as well as integrated, so less space all around needed. Never found a better alternative then this one. 3 of my buddy boat got them too, first all no not needed the gas oven does it but now its the admirals most important device in the galley...same the 3,5kg Daweoo wall hanging washing machine. both are a game changer and add so much comfort.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2023, 14:43   #17
UFO

Boat: Lagoon 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
The other option is the Sage model, looks identical to the Breville, depends on the power available. I watched Gone with the Wynns review electric cooking a while back which was quite interesting. Nikki drinks tea

Anyway is Christmas Day now in the UK and the sun will be up mid morning some time. We are doing roast pork for Christmas dinner as something different, in the Remoska.

Thanks Pete, Hope your Christmas Lunch was Good.

Also Thanks to CaptainRivet and everyone else

You've given me plenty of food for thought

Hope You all have a Good Christmas and New Year
UFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2023, 02:39   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Q: How does one know, if a sailor has an air fryer aboard?
A: They'll tell you.

My Grandson has two [a single & a double], and uses them [/w great result], for [near] everything.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2023, 11:28   #19

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Thanks Pete, Hope your Christmas Lunch was Good.

Hope You all have a Good Christmas and New Year
Indeed it was, pork cooked in the Remoska nearly there, spuds need another few minutes to crisp up. Seems I am not the only one that likes roast pork

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1596.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	284740   Click image for larger version

Name:	Puppy.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	284741  

Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2023, 10:15   #20

Boat: Matlack, Trawler, 48 ft

We use a Sharp Grill-2-Convection Microwave combo.
Old 29-12-2023, 12:51   #21

Boat: 1987 Liberty 38

My Force 10 propane stove went out back in July and I removed it and used a Cuisinart convection oven with air fryer but a few weeks ago I decided that I was sick of turning on the inverter to make a pot of coffee in the morning and ditched it and went with another Force 10. I probably have the battery power for an induction cooktop, but with all of the other boat projects, it just didn’t seem like an efficient use of time and energy to try to fit a cooktop into the countertop space that I have.
GadgetGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2023, 14:06   #22

Boat: Florida Coaster 42’

I have a combo oven but I regularly use a small Instapot which can do everything.
timb7734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2023, 17:30   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
Just want to get an idea of what people are using and what they would recommend.

Seen a few out there that look good such as the following, but I know very little about it - Especially in regards to power usage and what size fryer is needed for a family of 4

https://tinyurl.com/yt9dprrv

https://ninjakitchen.com.au/collecti...ir-fryer-af500

https://ninjakitchen.com.au/collecti...ir-fryer-ag551
We have Insta Pot Airfryer and pressure cooker. Additionally our microwave is a combo convection. We also have a 4 burner propane oven range. We have been fulltime cruisers for 7 years. We have not used propane except for frying eggs. We use the airfryer daily and pressure cooker a couple of meals a week. We cook for 6-8 people several times a month. One big plus is they do not heat the boat up in the tropics.
jimellifritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2023, 18:33   #24

I recently removed my Panasonic microwave convection and replaced it with this Ninja convection oven airfryer. Why:

We hardly ever microwave these days. We defrost meat in a bowl of water. Boil water with a kettle.

The problem is that the microwave’s rotating bottom and lack of sliding metal racks makes it a lousy oven. Baked things are always unevenly cooked with either the top or bottom undercooked. Pizza is awful. You can’t toast things. The air fry isn’t hot enough to get crispness.

The Ninja has three sliding metal racks and powerful top AND bottom heating elements. It bakes bread beautifully and will hold a 12” pizza (the Breville can’t). The air fry is very hot.

BTW - we now cook almost all our meat and fish with a sous-vide. Low power use. Doesn’t heat up the galley. Foolproof. No more tending a BBQ with a flashlight only to find half is burned and half raw. Sous-vide meat is never over or undercooked. 131 degrees gives our perfect medium rare steak every time. Absolutely delicious results equal to the best restaurants.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2023, 04:12   #25

Boat: Lagoon 450S

We have an all-electric galley with a Breville Air Fryer Pro oven. We love it so much we recommend it to our landlubber friends. It heats up very quickly, and the air fryer feature is great at making food come out crispy.

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro

I installed separate 15A circuits for our oven and convection cooktop with their own breakers. Our 5kW inverter has no problem running them both.
SV Coronado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oven