Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2019, 15:20   #46

Boat: 31' Cape George Cutter
Re: CO2 cartridges on Airplanes

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve77 View Post
We have Mustang 3084 inflatable harnesses that I bought in the US. I was going to buy some rearm kits here in the US (they are cheaper here), remove the CO2 cartridge, and just fly with the HIT inflator. Then I was going to buy CO2 cartridges in Portugal at the chandlery. Sounds like this idea might not work.
You may have larger problems than the threads. The rearm kits show the CO2 cartridges bonded to a black plastic molding; I would not assume that the CO2 cartridge can be simply unscrewed without trying first. The good news is that it seems likely that the EU rearm kits will work on the US vest; the bad news is that the entire mechanism has to be replaced as a package, so in most cases the cartridge thread doesn't matter. For your case, assuming the cartridge unscrews from the black part, you will have a problem finding a mating cartridge in Europe. Either try to bring back the complete rearm kits, risking confiscation, or just wait until the EU to buy rearm kits.

Greg
CarinaPDX is online now   Reply With Quote