Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-06-2017, 09:44   #16
Marine Service Provider

Re: Should I choose Isotherm or Vitrifrigo?

Interblog,It does not look like anyone is going to answer your refrigerator question instead they would like to sell you a refrigeration system instead, at two to five times the cost of a refrigerator. The small 12/24 volt refrigerators you suggested Isotherm and Vitrifrigo are both Designed for recreational Vehicles not boats. Yes marine stores sell the RV refrigerators but as far as I know none are really designed for most pleasure boats. You can look at both of these small RV refrigerator and see that they are designed to dispose or heat from refrigeration out the back near top of cabinet or in an open area they are installed in. RV manufactures usually provide a vent in exterior to match a location near top of refrigerator.
Richard Kollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:55   #17

Thanks again for the suggestions on this thread!

For anyone who may be interested, here is a blog post describing our Vitrifrigo installation.
Interblog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 06:13   #18

for those absorbtion units the quick fix for them is to disconnect, remove from boat, remove door and shelves, turn upside down and shake the living crap out of it, works surprisingly well remixing the ammonia, hydrogen and water back together, have also given them a hurry up with brief (very)bursts of oxy acetylene on the part where the burner goes
sfnz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
isotherm