Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-09-2009, 11:51   #136

Boat: FP Tobago 35
What i don't understand is why thick layers of fairing compound are needed on a boat that is said to be infused in a female mould. Is the mould that bad, or is it in fact not infused at all?

Here is what the owner has to say about all those ugly bubbles on his hulls:

Just at the very front (under water) and at the sugar scopes (swimming stairs) there is a lot of reshaping by filler. Yes, that filler caused us so much troubles not wanting to have Copper Coat (CC) on it. So that filler will be removed and I will build up the shape again with epoxy filler. On the negative site is the fact that the hulls seam to sweat. Thousands of wet stings at the same pattern where we had the bladders. No not water this time, it doesn’t dry up. A question is on it's way to AFC.

Alan
Nordic cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 12:15   #137
KGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastcat435 View Post
The tone of the music is always important if something is asked in a pleasant way we are more inclined to help then if somebody does that in a tune not befitting or even in a criminal way , is that not the normal way in the world ?
Some people are more pleasant than others and the nicer people get more done than others.
( with us anyway )
This has nothing to do with warranty but with accommodating somebody in something that is not a warranty issue.
Tone of the music? As in the tone of hundreds of thousands of dollars handed over to you? That tone, IMO, is more than enough for pleasantries. In fact, it should allow a person to complain, if need be, to get warranty issues resolved without having to hide them from public knowledge. People also should not feel as though that have to remove opinions from their blog about what a builders wife wrote, including the threat of filing a law suit against the very owners who have dished out those hundreds of thousands of dollars.

-Albert Einstein
KGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 12:20   #138
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FastCat 445 Green Motion
Send a message via Skype™ to fastcat435
there was no problem with the crossbeam connection how ever hard you try to make others
believe that there is !!!
just ask the owner Frank
fastcat435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 12:27   #139
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

As I told you warranty is always given,
we are talking about non warranty issues , you try to get something done from a company outside of warranty while calling them names or shouting or trying blackmail or slander ? see how that works for you.
It does not work for me but maybe I am the exception ?
Old 28-09-2009, 12:43   #140
KGP

Quote:
As I told you warranty is always given...
Tell it to Dick and Karen...

"For having disputed some of their decisions on the surveyor’s warranty report, it seems we’ve shot our bolt, and our last emails sent 9 days ago – one questioning some aspects of their warranty decisions, and one requesting information about the dispatch of warranty spares already agreed upon but not yet received – have both been met with silence."

Or maybe your reply to them is shortly forthcoming...

-Albert Einstein
Old 28-09-2009, 12:54   #141
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

the factory was closed for holidays for a week so yes the answer is forthcoming , Probably tomorrow !!
Old 28-09-2009, 13:10   #142

Quote:
there was no problem with the crossbeam connection how ever hard you try to make others
believe that there is !!!
just ask the owner Frank

Gideon, please read the exceprts from Franks blog, he seems to think that there was a major problem, and judging by the pictures there was, here are a couple more to jog your memory.

What about the fact that the forepeaks were sealed with a whole lot of rubbish in them? Going to deny the pictures again?

Here is another piece from Franks blog:

We still had to saw inspection holes at the front 'closed' bulkhead. This was forgotten by the African boys. But what we see doesn’t make us happy. On both sides the bulkheads have the function of being bins. I like to speak to the bastard who last closed the bulkhead without cleaning out. One does not do that. O yes, they do in TIA (This is Africa). At the Back board hull there was also water in it just up on the waterline. That was no surprise anymore since water came after the scrapping out of the hull. So, there must be a little crack somewhere allowing the water to come i.

What about this comment:

And then with the knowledge we only go out for a week of cleaning and a little repair at the waterline !!!. It will be for sure a month. Shame on you African Cats.

The poor guy hauled out for a bottom job and ended up having to work hard for a month instead. Yes he is right, Shame on you African Cats!!

Attached Images
File Type: bmp africanseawingdelamination.bmp (225.1 KB, 102 views)
File Type: bmp forepeakafrican cats.bmp (225.1 KB, 98 views)
Old 28-09-2009, 13:22   #143

Quote:
As I told you warranty is always given,
we are talking about non warranty issues , you try to get something done from a company outside of warranty while calling them names or shouting or trying blackmail or slander ? see how that works for you.
It does not work for me but maybe I am the exception ?

Is it blackmail to have a certified surveyor make up a list of defects that he thinks are waraanty issues, and then send it to you? And not make the list public???

Is it slander to state in a blog that there are certain aspects of the boat that do not fulfill the minimum quality levels of the boating industry anywhere in the world?

You and your employees have threatened people with legal action,when they have posted some facts about your boats, me included.

Your wife has threatened the Butterfly folks with legal action for slander for posting facts about the poor build quality.

I think your company and those involved need to get real pretty quick, and treat your customers with due respect rather than threaten them with legal action. Now you claim that they are blackmailing you?
Please wake up and do not jeopardise the jobs of those people at your yard in South africa, we know jobs are sorely needed there. I hope you treat your employees with more respect than you do your customers.
Old 28-09-2009, 13:24   #144
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
A few individuals seem to have hijacked this thread and turned it into something the original poster obviously did not contemplate.

To refresh your memories, here's his original post (emphasis added)...
Quote:
I would like to open a new forum thread dedicated to discussions around alternative sailboat propulsion to include newer, and emerging, technologies that offer a glimmer of promise for the cruiser. Possible seed topics in this category will include electric motor retrofit, hydrogen and other fuels, and engine design improvements. I would prefer to exclude the debate of conventional vs saildrive type comments to that forum thread. I want to direct discussion around both bleeding edge and lateral-thinking on the propulsion methods.
You guys are seriously off track here. Get back to the original topic, please.
Old 28-09-2009, 13:26   #145
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

We paid for everything as you can read in that same blog , how come you only pick out tendentious parts and not the whole bit, a problem with dyslexia maybe or just trying to paint black pictures.
Read the whole blog and your idea on the construction of the boat will change if you are open to changing at all !!! and what you see is some left foam the people did not take out and they should have you are right there, what a major issue !!! and the other picture is also no de lamination unless you think paint and filler have de laminated from the glass because that is all you see there.
Old 28-09-2009, 13:29   #146
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

You have tried slandering us with your nonsense story about a rudder bearing failing on a boat and this is untrue and that is slander something else is blackmail and I have not brought that out
Old 28-09-2009, 13:41   #147
KGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
To refresh your memories, here's his original post (emphasis added)...
You guys are seriously off track here. Get back to the original topic, please.
Quite right. I believe many posts are off topic, starting at #112. Perhaps moving them to a new thread in the Multihull Forum and naming it "African Fastcat Owners" would be more appropriate.

-Albert Einstein
Old 28-09-2009, 15:55   #148
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
The drift of this thread has come up in the moderators forum. In addition to what HUD just said, the rather nasty discussion of personalities needs to stop from all parties involved. The original topic for discussion is about things, not people. In fact, some of the discussion of specific individuals is a rule violation under "Be Courteous".

Please don't force us to close the thread. Thanks.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ork&page=rules

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2009, 16:33   #149

Boat: Any time now!
While the tone has certainly gone south, may I suggest splitting off these posts where it began to split off-topic and put them in another topic? While I know the tone is rather bad, this really is info people need to see which could save them 6-7 figures out of their bank account, or help them to chose a good Cat company, depending on the way it ends up.
anathema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2009, 06:49   #150
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
Quote:
Originally Posted by anathema View Post
While the tone has certainly gone south, may I suggest splitting off these posts where it began to split off-topic and put them in another topic? While I know the tone is rather bad, this really is info people need to see which could save them 6-7 figures out of their bank account, or help them to chose a good Cat company, depending on the way it ends up.
I would agree with this thought, and have mentioned it before. I also see the members questioning FC are being polite. The name calling is coming directly from FC. The absolute truth needs to be known. Members here could lose 100's of thousands of dollars with disinformation.......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propulsion