Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average. Display Modes
Old 05-06-2014, 09:57   #226
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:
Originally Posted by category4jay View Post
As expected there are sure a LOT of first time posters on this thread. Some are, without doubt, media/reporters while others are are truly interested in solving the "mystery of MH370". But since Saucy and Marc have requested to only answer questions or provide answers on this thread instead of in front of the cameras its only fair to respond to ALL posters isn't it? Unless the poster did not read the entire thread and Saucy/Marc already answered the question.

Stand firm Saucy and Marc!
What have I missed?
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 10:10   #227

Boat: Niagara 35

Quote:
As expected there are sure a LOT of first time posters on this thread. Some are, without doubt, media/reporters while others are are truly interested in solving the "mystery of MH370". But since Saucy and Marc have requested to only answer questions or provide answers on this thread instead of in front of the cameras its only fair to respond to ALL posters isn't it? Unless the poster did not read the entire thread and Saucy/Marc already answered the question.

Stand firm Saucy and Marc!
Why? For some reason, Saucy is trying to respond to all posters. She certainly has no obligation to respond to any at all, and any responses she provides is out of the kindness of her heart. She doesn't need to be fair or complete in her responses to anybody but the investigating body.
cwyckham is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 12:05   #228

Hi, greetings from Argentina, I'm NOT a sailor, just an "anonymous latin
american meat packing glitterati" (Pink Floyd). I have two questions: 1.- How many orange lights you saw on the plane?. and 2.- Where such orange lights were located? Thank you for your answer.
MESSI2014 is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 13:53   #229
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MESSI2014 View Post
Hi, greetings from Argentina, I'm NOT a sailor, just an "anonymous latin
american meat packing glitterati" (Pink Floyd). I have two questions: 1.- How many orange lights you saw on the plane?. and 2.- Where such orange lights were located? Thank you for your answer.
I didn't see any orange lights on the plane. I thought the plane was glowing orange, but couldn't see a particular source.
Old 05-06-2014, 13:54   #230

Quote:
As expected there are sure a LOT of first time posters on this thread. Some are, without doubt, media/reporters while others are truly interested in solving the "mystery of MH370".
It might be possible to be both
AdamNewsnight is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 13:57   #231

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyckham View Post
Why? For some reason, Saucy is trying to respond to all posters. She certainly has no obligation to respond to any at all, and any responses she provides is out of the kindness of her heart. She doesn't need to be fair or complete in her responses to anybody but the investigating body.
Agreed, but this story is a tad bit larger than most wouldn't you agree. And what if Saucy and Marc did not answer a question that might just solve the mystery? And that is the point after all isn't it?
Old 05-06-2014, 14:08   #232

Boat: 50' Cat (someday) ok maybe 45' Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamNewsnight View Post
It might be possible to be both
Precisely why I felt that if Saucy was going to respond to anyone she should respond to everyone OR not respond to anyone (but the authorities) at all. Its taken a lot of courage to do what they have done but if their conviction is true (which I believe it is BTW) they shouldn't waiver now when things heat up.

I apologize to all, especially Saucy and Marc, for deviating from the true path of this thread.
Old 05-06-2014, 14:15   #233

Boat: Niagara 35

Quote:
Agreed, but this story is a tad bit larger than most wouldn't you agree. And what if Saucy and Marc did not answer a question that might just solve the mystery? And that is the point after all isn't it?
With the deepest of respect for all the thousands of people around the world who have fragments of the facts and their own personal theories about what might have happened, it is extremely doubtful that Saucy failing to answer a question from a random poster on this forum will have any bearing on the mystery being solved.

The actual professionals with all of the actual information will ask her any questions that they feel might be relevant and I think that it is her moral duty to respond to them. That is where any obligation ends.

At this point, I really don't understand why she is responding at all. She's said her piece, and now everybody and their dog wants her to spend hours of each day answering their own personal pet questions. She has a boat to fix, a relationship to strengthen, some relaxing to do, and whatever else she could be doing right now that isn't sitting in front of a laptop.

If the authorities have any further questions, I'm sure she'll respond. Anything else, frankly, is for the amusement of the amateurs (and I include myself in that) and is not really important unless she finds it useful in her own processing of these events.
cwyckham is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 15:24   #234

I posted this yesterday when the Australian Government made an announcement in the press.
No one has responded to change in search area! I thought the big picture was finding the aircraft. Saucy's observation confirms the aircraft flew south, so lets move on, ask the relevant questions.

Have there been more "seeing/hearing" reports from vessels/aircraft south of Saucys position? (since her report)

Why are they again searching "ping rings" and not aircraft track? This question has puzzled me since mid March.

cheers
George
Gclark8 is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 15:34   #235

Location: Dreaming - through the bars to the Chesapeake... Land cabin: near Raleigh, North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Not sure really. After a few months of arguing about my 'selective hearing', I went to get it checked. They did a test involving wearing headphones and listening to notes, and hitting a button as soon as I could hear a sound. From that they showed me a graph and interpreted it as meaning I couldn't hear deeper sounds. This went to explain why I could hear a kid being naughty at the back of the class, but couldn't hear my husband when sat next to him on the balcony. That goes for any man with a deeper voice, not just HWMO.
Can't hear husband? How'd you do it? Don't tell my wife - she's been looking for something like that.

It seems that the consensus here is that you probably saw the plane. IMO, they'll probably not resume the search based on your sighting though. The reason is that your description puts the plane at a high enough altitude that it likely will not define a new search area of reasonable size. But, that's for the experts to decide, and you've given them the info they need. You were good to report it, and you've done your civic duty. You don't need to reply, you're busy enough!
Old 05-06-2014, 15:48   #236
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Again, what have I missed?
Old 05-06-2014, 15:58   #237
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

I Think I Saw MH370

Quote:

If the authorities have any further questions, I'm sure she'll respond. Anything else, frankly, is for the amusement of the amateurs (and I include myself in that) and is not really important unless she finds it useful in her own processing of these events.

Thank you. In actual fact it does help me to be thinking about this. It has helped me to clarify my thoughts, and to dispute some of the theories about the flight path which have arisen, simply because they don't fit in with what I saw. And because I no longer doubt my sanity, I am sure of what I saw, and of the thoughts that accompanied them. So thank you for that.

I am also grateful that the majority of reporters have backed off, and are leaving me to it.

I wasn't so happy with the CNN guy who came into the workshop today, shouted at me "What's your name? Yes, you're Katherine, I wanna speak to you. I said "no comment" he said "but I'm from CNN and we wanna lead with you on the TV tomorrow". I said "I'm happy to answer your questions, just write them on the forum". He said, looking really confused, "What forum? How do I do that?" I said "No comment", and thought 'Is this guy stupid or what, and he's supposed to be a reporter?' And then literally had to duck under his arm to get to the loo. What a bloody idiot.
Old 05-06-2014, 15:59   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
On a lighter note, now that the pressure is off, I'd like to clarify an oft occurring point... What was going on in Saucy's head... mountainous... choppy confused seas... massive argument which created a massive resentment... swamped... mast seat was almost totally ineffective... clothes were wet... only one dry berth... baby stay broke... decks were flexing... lockers inside were breaking when crew tried using them as handholds... the flour landed on the floor, amongst other foodstuff... water maker stopped working... genoa sheets snapped... I was petrified... you get the idea.
Yes, I do.

If one cruises long enough one can easily understand what was going on in your noggin.

This doesn't have any bearing on what you saw. There is important, and then there is urgent. The sighting might have been important, however, the status of your vessel and its crew were more urgent.
mystic_voyager is offline   Reply
Old 05-06-2014, 16:19   #239
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

You can imagine some of these "reporters" going back to their boss and saying that she refused their invite. "What? Somebody does not want to be on TV? They do not want their minutes in the spotlight? When did that start? It's just undemocratic and should not be allowed. Make it a law, you have to talk to the press." Good to show them as basically unimportant and superfluous to the story for once.

Coops.
Old 05-06-2014, 16:22   #240
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Quote:
With the deepest of respect for all the thousands of people around the world who have fragments of the facts and their own personal theories about what might have happened, it is extremely doubtful that Saucy failing to answer a question from a random poster on this forum will have any bearing on the mystery being solved.

The actual professionals with all of the actual information will ask her any questions that they feel might be relevant and I think that it is her moral duty to respond to them. That is where any obligation ends.

At this point, I really don't understand why she is responding at all. She's said her piece, and now everybody and their dog wants her to spend hours of each day answering their own personal pet questions. She has a boat to fix, a relationship to strengthen, some relaxing to do, and whatever else she could be doing right now that isn't sitting in front of a laptop.

+100,000,000,000...... well, you get the idea.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply
Closed Thread