Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2015, 13:51   #1

Ballpark sales price on chartered Lagoon 440

Pardon the very broad question but have any of you old salts seen the recent sales prices of BVI charter Lagoon 440s? Also anyone who has bluewater sailed a 440 I'd love to get some insight on the center cockpit open bridge design... Seems really hot for Caribbean cruising and really miserable for passage making in rough seas, but I've been known to be wrong many many times before

-J
latitude_zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 18:30   #2

Boat: 2012 Leopard 44
Re: Ballpark sales price on chartered Lagoon 440

I don't own one myself, but became very good friends with a family sailing down the Thorny Path this past season who owns one. We asked specifically about the fly-bridge design and the answer was surprising - they said they loved it - it obviously gives a great view when docking as you can see all four corners of the boat. But at sea, they didn't have a bad thing to say about it either, even to the point that you don't get much more soaked during a rain storm than on any other design. They have the standard bimini top over the cockpit and I never heard them complain about it being uncomfortably hot - but really, under sail, the breezes should keep the temps down as long as you can duck under the bimini. But the only thing of note is that on night passages everybody had to at all times wear their life jackets because you have to climb outside the comforts of the outside saloon area to go up to the cockpit. But the other benefits of the 440 (over a boat like ours - a Venezia 42) is their payload was way more than ours - that boat can just be loaded down because the hulls are so much wider. All in all, we were impressed with their 440 and I can't see how anybody would be disappointed with the performance or the comforts of that boat either at sea or at anchor. I do know how much they bought it for, but its not my place on this forum to reprint that information.

But the best thing to do to get an idea of sales prices is call a broker - I like the guys at Multihullcompany - and they should be able to give you an idea about recent sales prices on any type of boat.
Catamoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 17:57   #3

Boat: Beneteau 473

Anytime someone asks questions about a specific type of boat and a response comes back starting with "I don't own one but". The rest is useless BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Tayzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 19:16   #4

Boat: 2012 Leopard 44

What is that you think you added to the conversation? Too many freakin' idiots with nothing to add.
Catamoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 06:34   #5

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder

Own one for last 6 years,great boat.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
dirkdig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2015, 06:36   #6

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByCruisers Sailing Forum1439472967.966359.jpg