Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2017, 18:46   #1

Boat: Lagoon 450
Catamaran marina berth Eastern med for July - August

Just found out I will have to leave my cat in the med from mid June to mid August - any suggestions for an economical marina? Currently in Levkas but looking for something in the east /closer to Turkey or possibly further North. Coming back in August to do Turkey then head back West to join ARC in November.
Cheers
gstent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:00   #2

Boat: 31' Corsair/Farrier(RIP) trimaran. Lauwersmeer Cruiser in Europe canals. 19' Lightning
Re: Catamaran marina berth Eastern med for July - August

Maybe Yelola will have an idea, he seems to know alot about that part of the Med. PM him if he doesn't chime in. Or you could post your question in the Destinations/Med part of this forum. In the meantime the wife and I will be happy to watch it for you.....
ejlindahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:16   #3
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstent View Post
Just found out I will have to leave my cat in the med from mid June to mid August - any suggestions for an economical marina? Currently in Levkas but looking for something in the east /closer to Turkey or possibly further North. Coming back in August to do Turkey then head back West to join ARC in November.
Cheers
If Marmaris is an option I can send to you a quotation. Pls send me a PM with yr mail address, if you are interested.

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 22:35   #4

For Turkey my favorite coastal city, as a sailor, is Bodrum. The castle, marina, party town combination is pretty cool. I went by land, would be quite an epic sight to enter by boat. Do try to get over to Kalkan, Kas and Kekova areas. Smaller, quaint coastal towns. Kas has a newer marina than most, great valet service too, it can no doubt take you if you need long term moorage or are a big boat.
sailorcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 23:11   #5

Try Ashkelon Marina in Israel. New facilities and very beautiful. If you need assistance I would be happy to help. Menlim3@gmail.com. All the best.
Menlim3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 08:34   #6

Boat: Antares 44i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstent View Post
Cheers
Our favorite marina in that areas - the Setur marina in Kas Turkey during the winter of 2015-16 and off and on until the end of June 2016 and recommend them highly. Very well maintained and modern, excellent bathhouse, spa, restaurants, grocery store, chandlery, ATM, bar, service technicians, laundry service.
Sadly the situation in Turkey is perceived as being so dangerous (however we never felt in danger sailing along the south coast from Kas westward) that marina prices are very negotiable. Talk to Umit the manager there, and enjoy Turkey.
Out of 25,000 miles of sailing and four continents, it was our favorite sailing so far. The people are very warm and hospitable, the water is pristine and warm, the villages are delightful, the scenery beautiful, the history fascinating, the food fantastic.
EllesBelles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:02   #7

Boat: FP ORANA 44

Absolutely , turkey rocks go there. will not regret it, favorite place in the world. pam
sailorgirl1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:36   #8

Boat: Lagoon 450 Flybridge

Depends what you want.

If its just storage ...

I have my cat on the dry at Setur Marina in Antalya and costs are silly. Marmaris Yacht Marina is much cheaper, and easier to get work done. Wolfgang is no longer at TMS but word is TMS is still reliable. I will be testing this in mid-2017.

Btw, I will be wintering at the end of the 2017 season at Atkio in Preveza - about 2/3 cost of Cleopatra, and cheaper than Levkas.
anthonyp0808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:36   #9

Boat: Turkish Gulet, 19m

Ece Marina in Fethiye is a good place. More economic than Bodrum or Marmaris. Easy to find people to look after the boat. Important to book early as its popular.
ColonelWima is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran