Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2013, 13:06   #166

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: When To Go Gray ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling View Post
Exactly. Maiden.....Mother......Crone. Each of these stages should be celebrated equally and in their due time. If any of the three should be celebrated more it should be Crone.....but in a society that focuses (and profits) on youth......it may never happen, and that is sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
Sad in the US perhaps but in Oz, not so much. Here are two randomly-selected pics of sensational late-forty-ish Aussie babes, that beg the on-thread question, do they colour their hair?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kache Walk View Post
Ooh, nice injection of Aussie politics. Is JG a regular here? Metinks Blue Crab is safe on that account.
JG may not be a member here, but SWL certainly is LOL.

Yep, just love being at the "sensational crone" stage of life. My fifties is my best decade ever and I don't think I have hit my peak yet .

Yes, I colour. And I don't always "stay between the lines" (that expression was borrowed LOL ). I also cut, wax and polish, and will continue indulging in pampering myself for a long while yet. Five years at sea hasn't changed some things .

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 19:15   #167

Boat: Bristol 38.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
a hint for curmudgeon and other short hair lovers---i am amazed at how much more manly the cruising women look as i meet them and see them going to shore with their long haired male partners
Long haired male partner? LOL, I wish. Your hair may be turning gray, but ours falls out. So, When to have that hair transplant? Before or after she goes gray?
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 21:07   #168

Boat: O'Day 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
JG may not be a member here, but SWL certainly is LOL.

Yes, I colour. And I don't always "stay between the lines" (that expression was borrowed LOL ). I also cut, wax and polish, and will continue indulging in pampering myself for a long while yet. Five years at sea hasn't changed some things .
You are hot stuff Lassie. Thanks for taking this in stride. I'm letting my other questions slide after reading your last in the Urine Dump thread, to which I am unsubscribing.

Note to Aussies. I don't know jack about yer politics. I used JG as she is recognizable and it looked like some grey roots were showing. I had no political intent.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 21:25   #169

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Quote:
I am awaiting a private message from one of these well-known women. I'm relying on being too far away for either to actually do bodily harm.: whistling:
I 'm not sure halfway around the world is far enough. Seaworthy is forgiving you at the moment, but internet pics last forever (as do women's memories ).

Keelhauling your self or flogging round the fleet might(note the might) buy you pennance - but I wouldn't count on it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2013, 22:15   #170

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I am astonished at the lengths women will go to look "better" for men. From the clothing prices they pay to walking on "heels" to nylons to lasering to all that crap they put on their faces and lips, jacking up their boobs, butterflies on panty lines, no panty lines!!! Is there any piece of clothing more disgusting than a thong?

I don't think men care much about that stuff. We want you to stay clean and stay lean.
Very lean and very clean here .

No expensive clothing either apart from a few pieces of French lingerie, (lassies crones need some indulgences LOL), no heels, no nylons, no lasering, no crap on my face apart from a little lipstick and eyeliner occasionally, no jacked up boobs, no butterflies on panty lines, no thongs.

All I am doing is enhancing a little what mother nature has given me . Lassies Crones are allowed a few vices LOL.

Not much functions well without maintenance, boats and lassies crones included.

PS Blue Crab, I am still blushing from the "sensational" comment. That has saved you from a fate worse than death .

Old 25-02-2013, 00:05   #171

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3

Lassie,

Many "crones" look quite sensational. Grey hair can be very sexy indeed.

Beauty is mostly also dependent on a gals aura. If she feels good about herself - she will look good (yummy!) and everyone else will think she's a hottie.

Beside, wrinkles tell a story about your life. no wrinkles - no life.

I'll repeat - don't worry about the grey in your hair - just think about all the fun you had putting it there!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 02:43   #172
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sunmaid 20, John Welsford Navigator

See, after all these posts we can see the truth. Some men like women to be how they themselves like 'em. Some want women to be how the women want to be. Some just want women to be how they are. Some women want to be how the men want them, Some want to be how they want to be. Some of both just do not care how they or others look or how others perceive them. Sheer bloody simple really.

Me, I is what I is and would like to be something else but it will not happen so I pretend that I am happy as I am.

I too have no interest in Aussie politricks and only know who the dear Juliar is because someone is always making fun of her somewhere.

Coops. Philosopher extraordinaire.
Old 25-02-2013, 02:53   #173
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling View Post
DOJ - you have a opinion on EVERYTHING so I see no irony! Hahaha! Love ya bro!
LOL! I've noticed that as well . (the trick is to not get too hung up on dull stuff like facts ).

DOJ is always good for an opinion , whether the opinion is any good is a seperate matter........

But on the positive side, the opinions are usually not brandished as if they were carried down a mountain on a tablet of stone .
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 03:10   #174
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

"Is there any piece of clothing more disgusting than a thong?"

Yes, a sumo wrestler's jockstrap covered in chip fat on a greasy day.

The Aussies have a cute little name for the thong(ladies underwear, as opposed to luxury rubber footwear of the classiest kind) "rectal floss" Crude lot they are.

Coops.
Old 25-02-2013, 04:58   #175

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kache Walk
Take a look at the picture attached. Don't we all agree she looks fabulous?
Agree-long is good too!
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 06:41   #176

Quote:
Very lean and very clean here . Never had a doubt!

No expensive clothing either apart from a few pieces of French lingerie, (lassies crones need some indulgences LOL), no heels, no nylons, no lasering, no crap on my face apart from a little lipstick and eyeliner occasionally, no jacked up boobs, no butterflies on panty lines, no thongs.

All I am doing is enhancing a little what mother nature has given me . Lassies Crones are allowed a few vices LOL.

Not much functions well without maintenance, boats and lassies crones included.

PS Blue Crab, I am still blushing from the "sensational" comment. That has saved you from a fate worse than death .

I read you loud and clear Lassie! I didn't like the use of "crone" but I was quoting Captain Gelfling. Note that I added: "the woman in her third and final stage of womanhood" in an unsuccessful attempt at softening that blow. I knew you'd handle this with your own stylish fiestiness, as always.

This has been good fun. I thought Zee made an excellent comment re the role reversal on hair styles.

And I really wasn't aware that Ms. Gillard is not universally popular. She is here in the States due to her well-known comments regarding recent immigrants to Oz.

Were truer words ever spoken? Carstenb: Beauty is mostly also dependent on a gals aura. If she feels good about herself - she will look good (yummy!) and everyone else will think she's a hottie.

I note too the comments about DOJ's opinions. He has always got them to be sure. Don't you all get the feeling that David is an incredible slacker? Apparently he made a killing in import/export in a previous life he has alluded to, and no longer has to be productive. So sure, he's clever ... he has time to lounge around in pubs all day and think stuff up. On that note, the funniest thing I have read on CF, bar none, was that chart DOJ created to "help" Boaty find Upside Down Land. I don't think stuff gets much better than that! Cheers Dave!

And Coops wins a Sumo's used jockstrap. That thought makes all the urine dumping in the sink sound sanitary!

Let's all have a great day and not take anything too seriously.
Old 25-02-2013, 07:37   #177

Boat: Beneteau 473
Quote:

I read you loud and clear Lassie! I didn't like the use of "crone" but I was quoting Captain Gelfling. Note that I added: "the woman in her third and final stage of womanhood" in an unsuccessful attempt at softening that blow. I knew you'd handle this with your own stylish fiestiness, as always.

This has been good fun. I thought Zee made an excellent comment re the role reversal on hair styles.

And I really wasn't aware that Ms. Gillard is not universally popular. She is here in the States due to her well-known comments regarding recent immigrants to Oz.

Were truer words ever spoken? Carstenb: Beauty is mostly also dependent on a gals aura. If she feels good about herself - she will look good (yummy!) and everyone else will think she's a hottie.

I note too the comments about DOJ's opinions. He has always got them to be sure. Don't you all get the feeling that David is an incredible slacker? Apparently he made a killing in import/export in a previous life he has alluded to, and no longer has to be productive. So sure, he's clever ... he has time to lounge around in pubs all day and think stuff up. On that note, the funniest thing I have read on CF, bar none, was that chart DOJ created to "help" Boaty find Upside Down Land. I don't think stuff gets much better than that! Cheers Dave!

And Coops wins a Sumo's used jockstrap. That thought makes all the urine dumping in the sink sound sanitary!

Let's all have a great day and not take anything too seriously.
Agreed! It's been a fun read though!
Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived. JEAN LUC PICARD, Captain of the Starship Enterprise
SmartMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2013, 10:17   #178

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carstenb View Post
Lassie,
Many "crones" look quite sensational. Grey hair can be very sexy indeed.

Beauty is mostly also dependent on a gals aura. If she feels good about herself - she will look good (yummy!) and everyone else will think she's a hottie.

Beside, wrinkles tell a story about your life. no wrinkles - no life.

I'll repeat - don't worry about the grey in your hair - just think about all the fun you had putting it there!

LOL Carsten, you have the wrong end of the stick! I agree grey hair can look stunning on some women. When I get a full head of grey, I too will embrace it gracefully. Nothing is going to stop me from pampering the rest of me though regardless of how old I get. It's a lassie's prerogative .

By the way, wrinkles don't bother me an iota. Too much laugher, sunshine and plentiful years. I am either inwardly or outwardly denying my age. 52 and loving it . That label of "crone" only produces a grin. If this is crone age then bring it on LOL.

Colour has a huge impact on our lives though. I have never had a bad day wearing pink, you blokes should try it some time . I wouldn't be caught dead in brown, maroon, mustard and olive. Don't see why I should put up with wearing scrappy grey at the edges when I have a choice .

Old 25-02-2013, 12:12   #179
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
I wouldn't be caught dead in mustard and olives.
You sell yourself short SWL. I think you would be scrumptious in those two. But you would be absolutely delectable in strawberries and whipped cream.

Coops.
Old 25-02-2013, 12:18   #180

pirate Re: When To Go Gray ...

Ahem ... Coops, this is a married woman who drinks high dollar single malt aboard an alum mega yacht. I'm thinking she is well cared-for and loving it in the Greek isles. Steady as you go, skipper.