Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2010, 21:21   #181
Eternal Member

Boat: Ericson 27 & 18' Herrmann Catboat
I went to a ceili last weekend.

Met a woman there who is a good dancer, a great sense of humor, likes Irish Music,not afraid to sing and has an enchanting demeanor.

I mean...here I am....Mr "I havent been to a celi in a coupla years and I am kinda rusty" and she keeps asking me to dance......I still have a shy streak in me......

Now......if she just likes to sail.......
Chief Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 21:26   #182

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Engineer View Post

Yea, but does she know what you really want?
Therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:04   #183
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43
Not tippy tippy...

Sure, women like to sail, it's just that they all don't like tippy tippy.
Boracay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:20   #184

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Engineer View Post
I went to a ceili last weekend.

Met a woman there who is a good dancer, a great sense of humor, likes Irish Music,not afraid to sing and has an enchanting demeanor.

I mean...here I am....Mr "I havent been to a celi in a coupla years and I am kinda rusty" and she keeps asking me to dance......I still have a shy streak in me......

You go Chief!! Take her on a nice evening charter sail first. She sounds like the romantic type so show her the romance of the beautiful sea, you will have her hooked in no time. Do not tell her about the down side like sanitation plumbing and water pressure (lack there of) until she has seen her first sunset aboard. To give you a woman's perspective, I would love to have strong water pressure and LOVE to be ignorant of anything related to sanitation plumbing, but I love the ocean enough to put up with it, she can too.
Godspeed,
Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:07   #185

Boat: Coronado 25
Send a message via Yahoo to BubbleHeadMd
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkaboat View Post
<snip>But, there is one thing we prize above women; our boats. Please, don't take our boats. <snip>
Way to go Mike. Now that you've given away our weak point, every guy in this forum who's headed for divorce is going to lose his boat.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:28   #186

Boat: looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleHeadMd View Post
Way to go Mike. Now that you've given away our weak point, every guy in this forum who's headed for divorce is going to lose his boat.
Oops!
bangkaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:26   #187
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
My ex tried to take Frolic. We had made an agreement where she could take everything, and I keep Frolic. The meeting with her lawyer went quite sour. I believe he imagined himself a knight in shining armor. I told them both she could find her half out somewhere close to the Farallone Islands. I would be waiting in the dink waiting on the C.G..........problem resolved....hehehehehehehehe.......i2f
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:38   #188
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
And so it all comes full circle. Maybe thats what some women want too.

Next question, - what to do about it?
Finding a compatable partner is the hardest part. A small group of people, spread far and wide, .......its a lottery.

No problem anjou.... they are teaching you how to do it at school now...

Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:39   #189
cruiser

A clear understanding of the reverse relationship between materialism and freedom.
A clear understanding of the reverse relationship between materialism and environmentalism.
Brent Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 14:04   #190

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean Girl View Post
To give you a woman's perspective, I would love to have strong water pressure and LOVE to be ignorant of anything related to sanitation plumbing, but I love the ocean enough to put up with it, she can too.
Godspeed,
Erika

I have made a mental note to self...I will make sure it is so for mine...thanks Erica...

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 14:08   #191

Brent, what's a "reverse relationship?"

regards,
Mike
MikeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 14:49   #192
cruiser

More materialism means less freedom. More freedom means less materialism. Materialism is gained at the sacrifice of freedom and vise versa. More materialism means a bigger environmental footprint.
I know of women who demand a lot of materialism, then complain because their husband is never home ; he's away earning the money to support her materialism demands. I know one who's husband built the huge boat she demanded, then split because he had to go away to pay for it all. He split about the time he had her paid for, and was about to do more cruising. That is a common story.
Brent Swain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 14:52   #193

Boat: 36' custom steel
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagine2frolic View Post
My ex tried to take Frolic. We had made an agreement where she could take everything, and I keep Frolic. The meeting with her lawyer went quite sour. I believe he imagined himself a knight in shining armor. I told them both she could find her half out somewhere close to the Farallone Islands. I would be waiting in the dink waiting on the C.G..........problem resolved....hehehehehehehehe.......i2f
My ex made one threat to take the boat from me. (This after she had already purchased her own sailboat--yes, during the divorce we had his-and-her sailboats. In fact, she filed for divorce one week and the next purchased her own sailboat.)

I countered by threatening to, instead of sharing the kids 50/50, take them from her.

I never heard about the boat threat again.

I would not have been successful taking the kids from her, but the war over them and the boat would have bled her dry. That much she understood.

As it turned out, we share the kids 50/50, and she has her boat and I have mine.

(Here's a giggle: First time she took out her boat, she ran aground. Then she purchased charts.)
Old 08-01-2010, 15:27   #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
More materialism means less freedom. More freedom means less materialism. Materialism is gained at the sacrifice of freedom and vise versa. More materialism means a bigger environmental footprint.
I know of women who demand a lot of materialism, then complain because their husband is never home ; he's away earning the money to support her materialism demands. I know one who's husband built the huge boat she demanded, then split because he had to go away to pay for it all. He split about the time he had her paid for, and was about to do more cruising. That is a common story.
Well, I just meant what does that particular phrase -- "reverse relationship" -- mean because I've never heard it before and was wondering what was "reverse" about any relationship.

regards,
Mike
MikeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 17:57   #195
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
I think a few men want ..."to get over it"
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men