Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2013, 00:40   #76
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: I Don't Know What To Do

I like the group approach thing, partly because lessons the immediate chance of a physical confrontation but also lessens the chance of later comeback when in a 1 on 1 situation as other people both know and care. Maybe at a BBQ?!

Of course if you are right, and he (and even she!) knows that others know then chances are the boat will simply sail away.........

.......If husband up for it, could have a quiet word with the fella and complain that him beating his wife so loudly is upsetting not only you, but also a few other wives in the Marina - and that he really could do without the aggro, so could he knock it off? My thinking is that non-confrontational as appearing to act in only self-interest, whilst sending a message that everyone knows........

Or simply drop a wife beater vest on his boat - or everyone wear one!
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 02:35   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garbone View Post
Honestly, the derision of an abusive ass should be a badge of honor, people should be held to account for their actions.

I suggest the next time call the police..

When my wife and I were first married and appartment dwellers the folks in the next unit over got into a real drag out tizzy, thrown dishes and yelling. We called the police and they came and talked to both parties. For the next six months before we moved we did not hear a peep, I think the visit put their argument into perspective and both smartened up.

Another tactic is to take him aside some day and ask him if it is appropriate bahaviour for a man to abuse a lady. He may get the message, he is the one who has the problem, you can save her but he will just move on to another women.

A side note: Another time when a gentleman I was working with called the police on his wife. She had lost her temper with him and had hit him and was chasing him around their apartment with a frying pan. The police showed up and hauled him off to jail. Their policy in domestic dispute calls was always to lock the man up overnight, even if he is the one bleeding from being beat with a pan. Crazy...
i should have said if he becomes aware that your actions set the woman free, etc,
i was saying that its better to help anonymously
peter radclyffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 06:32   #78

Boat: a sailing boat

Doing nothing no good. Sometimes ends in a drama, always ends in continuing abuse.

Can you contact local authority dealing with this issue? Many countries have them. They will take notice and will know best what action to take. Normally, they take over and you are kept informed but not involved.

I would take action unless there is 100% certainty that my action would do harm rather than help.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 06:43   #79

Boat: Kadey Krogen 38 cutter

Anonymity is the only way. No good deed shall go unpunished.
Krogensailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2013, 07:01   #80
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
my wife was concerned about a girl in a similar situation many years ago,we bought her a plane ticket out of the country and took her to the airport whilst the partner was away
i still belive the 1000 dollars it cost us was well spent

the guy really was a psycopath money talks ******** walks,if you really want to help this girl get her on a plane home
Did the same thing in Kauia Hawaii once ,went to work for a guy flying tourist around the island on Airborne trikes,his girlfriend got real friendly and then told me she couldnt leave the island because 'Charly boy" wouldnt give her any money and kept her held there when she wanted to leave..After I learned that the guy was a conceded jerk and wouldnt pay me for my work I left 2 weeks later and bought the GF a one way ticket to Maine..He later called me and said that "I stole his girlfriend"!! I told him I already had two titties at the house and could barely keep up with them and I didnt need two more, so there!!
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote