Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-08-2010, 18:53   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Quote:
Ya, I am not so sure about clicky but I totally agree with you that there are those that are using this as one should use facebook (spam), just to chat and BS. These are usually not the cruisers but those with access to internet 24/7 and use this site for friendship.
It just a close group of people bigger than most small towns. We got them all and many are just the best people you would ever meet and probably won't and the rest are mostly just like you and me. We really are not trying to be facebook, but we get some of that too. Members often come here looking for something else. CF is a good place to hang out and after more than 7 years here I still think so even if I don't feel that way every morning when I get up. We have them all and there are more than twice as many members here as live in the whole county where I live.

Good folks are where you find them and if that isn't what cruising is I sure can't think of anything better. You have to look to find them and if there was a secret to looking that would be what I would seek. So far as I know it's mostly about showing up. Sometimes it's not what you see but what you look for. Not everybody is the same and its the way its supposed to be.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote