Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2009, 15:07   #1
Registered User

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
'09 Hurricane Season Less Active?

After several years of above average tropical activity, consensus has grown that this hurricane season will be less active than previous years.

Early Hurricane Season 2009 forecasts, called for 11-14 tropical systems, which is around average and or just above, compared to the long term trends.

Full details:
Jackson Weather Examiner: Hurricane Season 2009 projected to be less active
weathernms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 16:13   #2
Moderator Emeritus
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 29,347
Images: 240
Greetings, and welcome aboard weathernms.

Yep, looks like an average season, rather than more active.

NOAA Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook:
NOAA’s National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center calls for a 50 percent probability of a near-normal season, a 25 percent probability of an above-normal season and a 25 percent probability of a below-normal season.
NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - NOAA Issues Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook, Encourages Preparedness

Klotzbach and Gray Atlantic Seasonal Hurricane Forecast:
We foresee average activity for the 2009 Atlantic hurricane season.
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote

weather, hurricane

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boat storage for hurricane season SoonToBe General Sailing Forum 2 22-03-2009 17:38
hurricane season marinas georgia garryod56 Marinas 6 03-08-2008 06:06
Caribbean Hurricane Season Bev & Bill General Sailing Forum 2 11-04-2006 11:55
Experts forecast another active Atlantic hurricane season CaptainK Atlantic & the Caribbean 1 04-04-2006 12:38
2005 Hurricane Season GordMay Weather 10 08-07-2005 10:28

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2015 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 16:55.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.