Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2016, 10:51   #151

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Re: A Open Heart Monologue On The Final Decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Yeah - that person pays your parents -- not you.
Unless you want your parents to give you the money so you don't have to work?

Seriously - you posted you had a limited budget and with the both of you working (part time?) it would be very, very difficult to afford a boat.

Since you don't seem to have a trust-fund or inheritance to live off, you'll have to work for a living. Even if your parents give you €500 a month, that's not enough for 2 adults and a boat ...

Earning a living while sailing is very, very difficult. Most people do it to make EXTRA money, but they usually have their main budget sorted out and don't need the extra income.

Anyway -- none of my beeswax what deal you make with your parents and how much you two will work - but please be aware you'll need an actual income / budget to afford a boat and to live on.
Lizzy Belle,

I'm afraid you are talking to the wall!
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:15   #152

I was thinking that Italy must be a very singular country. Now, in Norway you always know where you are. Approach a bridge, and you gotta be real careful cos sure as little apples, there'll be trolls living underneath. In Italy you just never know where they'll pop up :-)!

TrentePieds
TrentePieds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 16:47   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Yeah - that person pays your parents -- not you.
Unless you want your parents to give you the money so you don't have to work?

Seriously - you posted you had a limited budget and with the both of you working (part time?) it would be very, very difficult to afford a boat.

Since you don't seem to have a trust-fund or inheritance to live off, you'll have to work for a living. Even if your parents give you €500 a month, that's not enough for 2 adults and a boat ...

Earning a living while sailing is very, very difficult. Most people do it to make EXTRA money, but they usually have their main budget sorted out and don't need the extra income.

Anyway -- none of my beeswax what deal you make with your parents and how much you two will work - but please be aware you'll need an actual income / budget to afford a boat and to live on.

Well the difference between 80 and 40 for the boat in malta (that my gf likes, even no much big lol) i could get another small flat to rent...or what else to have an income more...plus working as much as possible ( all around europe legally), and maybe at the beginning continue our works and live at marina for some time..
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 16:54   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentePieds View Post
I was thinking that Italy must be a very singular country. Now, in Norway you always know where you are. Approach a bridge, and you gotta be real careful cos sure as little apples, there'll be trolls living underneath. In Italy you just never know where they'll pop up :-)!

TrentePieds
Ahah thanks

Trolls in italy are...italians! i knew people with some million found and going away with a 1990 fiat panda and living in a small old un cared home, or 25 years old with audi rs3 ( converted lpg to save on fuel), leased for 5 years, living in a rented villa and getting loan to go to carabbean and post pics on facebook....they are called onion and bread eaters..i guess you understand why. You ask then to get out for a pizza the answer is " i'm not rich as you" after posting photos of champagne for christmas...Lol

Be always aware of italian, they are lovely people (especially outside big cities) but can be appear exactly the opposed of what they are...

On off topic...
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 17:36   #155

Boat: Ohlson 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano_ita View Post
i could get another small flat to rent...
Okay, so you're building or buying a boat and an apartment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano_ita View Post
We can afford max 80.000 euro,
Good luck on your adventures