Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42   #31

Boat: looking
Re: Stand Up Paddleboarding, Who works out on one ?

We got really lucky with finding a place for my new (used) SUP. Attaches very nicely under the solar panels. Everybody loved using the board when we were up in the Sea of Cortez last summer. I found it used in San Diego, it is a little beat up however if I want to bring it up on the reef I don't cringe about the small scratches. Surfs great too! Our blog has lots of pics of the SUP to get you motivated.

Mike
PacificSailors.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4452-001.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	177.5 KB
ID:	49409  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:49   #32

Oh and the best use for the SUP!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ballandra Pool Party (40).JPG
Views:	151
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	49412  
Old 08-11-2012, 08:53   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mike View Post
We got really lucky with finding a place for my new (used) SUP. Attaches very nicely under the solar panels. Everybody loved using the board when we were up in the Sea of Cortez last summer. I found it used in San Diego, it is a little beat up however if I want to bring it up on the reef I don't cringe about the small scratches. Surfs great too! Our blog has lots of pics of the SUP to get you motivated.

Mike
PacificSailors.com
That's a pretty good rack mount there. I think in PV if I can scrape up the cash I'll redo my solar panel mounts and put up something like that. Seems like it would be a bear to get the boards in while at anchor though?
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:36   #34

Boat: Gemini 105MC 34 ft hull#753

We sometimes put our SUP board on top of of our dingy ( on the davits ) and it is under our 2 solar panels, it keeps it out of the summer sun mostly which is what is best for the board in the summer sun and heat. Luckily our beam is 14 ft. Our boat came with 2 racks mounted off our safety line stanchions, made for a kayak but 2 SUP boards with covers fit great and it keeps our deck clear. If were going for a couple days sail we roll our inflatable up and stow it if were out in really rough conditions.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:11   #35

Boat: L. Francis Herreshoff H28 Ketch & Brisol 24 @ 25'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheoah View Post
So is there consensus on best inflatable SUP? starboard or c2, or whatever surfer Shane mentioned? I think it will add something really nice for my wife, who just doesn't want to run the dink or outboard. Being on a year round mooring, i'm Always looking to simplify getting back and forth for light duty trips, short of swimming. The exercise sounds awesome, and we all know how much exercise helps when stuck on a boat with no convenient places to walk, run or bike.

Very excited to add to our program, my friend days he can get me a pro deal.
Best advice you can get is on the "Stand up Zone Forum". Sorry I can't post a link on my phone, but if you Goggle them you should get there.
Old 09-11-2012, 17:07   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
That's a pretty good rack mount there. I think in PV if I can scrape up the cash I'll redo my solar panel mounts and put up something like that. Seems like it would be a bear to get the boards in while at anchor though?
There is a bit of a learning curve however I am able to take it up and down without much of an issue. A little bird just told me that you are in the Ensenada area? Ensenada is actually where I had the solar panel bracket made for cheap by a good welder, I would guess that the price would actually be higher in PV especially as more and more boats start showing up, that is if you can get it down at all in a reasonable amount of time. Ask around the marina for Alejandro, if you know Spike (who is a great electrician/mechanic) he could point you to Alejandro. Both are great guys who I will recommend.