Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2008, 07:10   #1

Boat: Nidelv 24
Problems with Volvo Penta MD3B

Dear Forum,

I hope there is somebody "out there" who is able to help me....

When replacing the kill-wire to my engine, the shaft where the "arm" is connected to on the engine,slid down appx. 1/2"
When pulling the shaft upwards again,I am not confident that it's in the same position as prior to this operation.
This is based upon the experiences of what happened when i tried to restart the engine.....
I was not able to adjust RPM, nor able to kill the engine by adjusting the shaft directly.....!!
To kill the engine,I had to disconnect the fuel-hose!!!

Do I have to get in touch with a Volvo service-man, or can this easily be repaired by myself ?
motti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2008, 08:11   #2

Boat: Bakdekkruiser
kill wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by motti View Post
Dear Forum,

I hope there is somebody "out there" who is able to help me....

When replacing the kill-wire to my engine, the shaft where the "arm" is connected to on the engine,slid down appx. 1/2"
When pulling the shaft upwards again,I am not confident that it's in the same position as prior to this operation.
This is based upon the experiences of what happened when i tried to restart the engine.....
I was not able to adjust RPM, nor able to kill the engine by adjusting the shaft directly.....!!
To kill the engine,I had to disconnect the fuel-hose!!!

Do I have to get in touch with a Volvo service-man, or can this easily be repaired by myself ?
You can try doing the same thing as before and try to rotate te arm a little to one side or the other and look for changes. If the results are that the engine is running fast at stationairy position, you should move the arm towards the coupling and refasten the screw.

kind regards,
Jeroen
jeroen_den_haan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
md3b, penta, volvo