Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-09-2009, 04:18   #121
cruiser

Boat: Catalac Catamaran
Quote:
Originally Posted by djeeke View Post
... Needless to say we are really disappointed ...
It was not for now... the right boat will come ...
You never know if a boat sale will close or if the deal falls apart when the purchaser tries to finance. Hang in there. As to the boat's condition. This sounds like a bit of a project boat and is priced as one. Those winches aren't defective, they just need servicing. overall pretty normal for a boat which has been ignored. At least you know you're buying solid fiberglass hulls and a sound design.

Boat prices are dropping. There's more inventory for sale than ever before. Just wait, keep your eyes open, and the right deal will come along.

I'm receiving emails pretty regularly, asking if I know of any Catalac for sale in North America, so I know there are a bunch of people like yourself who are ready to pull the trigger on a catamaran purchase.
Tropic Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 07:24   #122

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood
Didier I am afraid that you got caught in the tipical trap that one finds oneself when finding a boat on the net. When we were looking for our boat we found it was held by a yacht broker. On as king for more details the broker had the whole boat photoed inside and out while it was out of the water. He also sent us a copy of the last survey. We must of sent around 120 e-mails which he answered all of them. Then we went to see her with our surveyor. After he had done his job and more we were satisfied that we knew everything about her although the owner wasnt totalt truthfull about her. After buying Feels Good a Colvic Watson 32 ketch aft cabin we spent £4576 on getting her up to perfect condition. Concidering that we paid £37000 for her we were happy that we got a bargain only because we used an agent. I know they charge but you get better service and more truthfull answers usualy than from the owners. I must say though the the agent only charged us €135 for all he did for us. Regards Pete
feelsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2009, 07:37   #123

Boat: Privilege 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
...........Boat prices are dropping. There's more inventory for sale than ever before. Just wait, keep your eyes open, and the right deal will come along....................... I know there are a bunch of people like yourself who are ready to pull the trigger on a catamaran purchase.
Rick you dont perchance see the slight divergence between these two statements?

It strikes me that there is a surplus of the bigger more expensive cats particularly those ex-charter, but at the lower priced end of the market, prices do not seem to have altered much - in fact a very slight rise compared to a year ago.
Old 30-09-2009, 07:47   #124

cat for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic Cat View Post
You never know if a boat sale will close or if the deal falls apart when the purchaser tries to finance. Hang in there. As to the boat's condition. This sounds like a bit of a project boat and is priced as one. Those winches aren't defective, they just need servicing. overall pretty normal for a boat which has been ignored. At least you know you're buying solid fiberglass hulls and a sound design.

Boat prices are dropping. There's more inventory for sale than ever before. Just wait, keep your eyes open, and the right deal will come along.

I'm receiving emails pretty regularly, asking if I know of any Catalac for sale in North America, so I know there are a bunch of people like yourself who are ready to pull the trigger on a catamaran purchase.
Have a look at this just looked on the net .
Boats for sale, used boats, new boat sales, Free photo ads - Apollo Duck
Old 30-09-2009, 07:54   #125

Boat: catalac 8M catamaran 27ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelsgood View Post
Page Not Found

We're sorry, but the page you have requested has either been moved or is no longer available on Apollo Duck.

Old 30-09-2009, 07:58   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeeke View Post
Page Not Found

We're sorry, but the page you have requested has either been moved or is no longer available on Apollo Duck.

Found it !
It was already on my list to obtain more info

Thanks feelgood
Old 30-09-2009, 07:59   #127

Boat Search: [Advanced] Advert ID: RSS Feeds International Home | Submit an Advert | My Apollo Duck | Sign inRegister Apollo Duck Boats Network: International Boat Search
Directory
Private Listings
Trade Listings
New Boat Ranges
All Boat Listings
Barges 477
Boat Builders 57
Boat Charters 113
Boat Shares 35
Boat Trailers 120
Businesses 19
Canoes & Kayaks 73
Chandlery 201
Commercial 2179
Engines 1089
Fishing Boats 1009
House Boats 440
Hovercraft 8
Inflatable Boats 906
Marinas & Moorings 326
Marine Services 87
Motor Boats 3697
Narrow Boats 982
Open Boats 142
Personal Watercraft 93
Rowing 18
Sailing Dinghies 1253
Sailing Yachts 2999
Sport Boats 1465
Submarines 2
Superyachts 357
Tall Ships 7
Waterside Properties 61
Watersports 44

Aland Islands 1
Albania 3
Antigua And Barbuda 8
Argentina 5
Australia 95
Azerbaijan 2
Bahamas 8
Bahrain 5
Bangladesh 19
Belgium 26
Brazil 8
British Virgin Islands 4
Brunei Darussalam 1
Bulgaria 13
Canada 162
Cape Verde 1
Chile 1
China 611
Costa Rica 2
Croatia 88
Cyprus 84
Czech Republic 3
Denmark 25
Dominica 1
Dominican Republic 42
Egypt 41
Estonia 4
Fiji 5
Finland 15
France 281
French Polynesia 3
Germany 67
Ghana 2
Gibraltar 5
Greece 513
Grenada 4
Guadeloupe 11
Honduras 3
Hong Kong 141
Hungary 2
Iceland 1
India 25
Indonesia 11
Ireland 4513
Israel 7
Italy 199
Japan 92
Jordan 2
Kenya 3
Kuwait 3
Latvia 7
Lithuania 10
Malaysia 215
Malta 183
Mariana Islands 1
Martinique 34
Mauritius 2
Mexico 23
Micronesia 1
Monaco 13
Montenegro 7
Morocco 5
Myanmar 1
Netherlands 832
Netherlands Antilles 26
New Caledonia 1
New Zealand 33
Nigeria 5
Norway 32
Oman 1
Pakistan 5
Panama 8
Papua New Guinea 2
Philippines 12
Poland 20
Portugal 204
Qatar 2
Romania 4
Russia 19
Saint Vincent & Grenadines 2
Saudi Arabia 2
Serbia 1
Seychelles 2
Singapore 176
Slovakia 1
Slovenia 13
South Africa 129
South Korea 22
Spain 1039
Sri Lanka 2
Sudan 1
Sweden 66
Switzerland 1
Syria 1
Taiwan 88
Thailand 143
Tonga 2
Trinidad And Tobago 15
Tunisia 5
Turkey 641
Turks and Caicos 1
UAE 92
UK 7107
Ukraine 20
Uruguay 1
US Outlying Islands 4
US Virgin Islands 12
USA 1548
Venezuela 4
West Samoa 1
Zimbabwe 1

Homes and Property

RSS Feeds
Customer Service
About Apollo Duck
FAQ
User Agreement
Copyright Notice
Privacy Policy

© 1998-2009
Santa Monica AirlinesALL RIGHTS RESERVED
For Sale: 1973 Prout Snowgoose 35 Category: Sailing Yachts > Catamarans Printer-friendly version

Western Horizon Yachts
Rhumhor
Carrick Castle
Loch Goil
Argyll
PA24 8AF
UK
Claire France
Tel: 08456 444990
Tel: 07968 123524
Mobile: 07968 123525
Fax: 07092 117060
Boats for sale in Scotland, Wales and the North West - Yacht brokerage for used Yachts
View Western Horizon Yachts Gallery

View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image Description
Click the link in the further details section below to see the full details, many photos and 360 degree virtual tours of this boat. As one would expect in this modern multihull there is spacious accommodation and berths for up to seven. She is cutter rigged with a new modern engine which has run for only 144 hours.
There are masses of storage spaces and there is a large cockpit.
Specifications Vessel type:Sailing Multihull Builder:Prout Model:Snowgoose 35 Year constructed:1973 Berths:7 Engine model:Yanmar igm 30 Length over all:10.72m Length at waterline:9.15m Beam:4.75m Maximum draft:0.84m Keel type:Other Construction:
twin hull catamaran
Images
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image Images
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image
View Full Size Image Further Information Status: Available Price:GBP 35,000 | AED ALL AMD ANG ARS AUD AZN BBD BDT BGN BHD BIF BMD BND BOB BRL BSD BWP BYR BZD CAD CDF CHF CLP CNY COP CRC CVE CYP CZK DJF DKK DOP DZD ECS EEK EGP ERN ETB EUR FJD FKP GBP GEL GHC GIP GMD GNF GTQ GYD HKD HNL HRK HTG HUF IDR ILS INR IQD IRR ISK JMD JOD JPY KES KGS KHR KMF KRW KRW KYD KZT LAK LBP LKR LSL LTL LVL LYD MAD MDL MGA MKD MMK MNT MOP MRO MTL MUR MVR MWK MXN MYR MZN NAD NGN NIO NOK NPR NZD OMR PAB PEN PHP PKR PLN PYG QAR ROL RON RSD RUB RWF SAR SBD SCR SDD SEK SGD SHP SIT SKK SOS SRG STD SYP THB TND TOP TRY TWD TZS UAH UGX USD UYU VEB VND WST XCD XOF XPF YER ZAR ZMK ZWD EUR �38,650.45 Approximate Euro Equivalent Location: West Cumbria Cumbria UK Advertiser: Western Horizon Yachts Reference: 112 Telephone: 08456 444990 Contact: [ Send Enquiry ] Website: Prout Snowgoose 35 for sale in West Cumbria Advert ID: 116418 (Trade Advertiser) Posted: 2009-08-26 11:29:53 BST
Marcon Fer
Apollo Duck
boats for sale
worldwide:

Australia
Canada
China
Croatia
Cyprus
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
International
Ireland
Italy
Japan
Malaysia
Malta
Netherlands
Portugal
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Thailand
Turkey
UAE
UK
USA

Silicon Ink
Property For Sale

Santa Monica Airlines Network: Apollo Duck Marine Markets | Silicon Ink Property Markets Caveat Emptor. Verify before you buy. Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the Apollo Duck User Agreement Apollo Duck is a Registered Trademark of Santa Monica Airlines Ltd | Copyright Notice | Privacy Policy | Advertising Terms & Conditions
Old 30-09-2009, 08:35   #128
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelsgood View Post
I tried. this is what was on that page.

What exactly was the point in featuring Apollo Duck?

If you thought it was a Catalac ad, it's not. There are no Catalacs for sale in North America. You might even say there's a sort of waiting list for available boats.

The last one offered for sale was a 10M which had an offer within days and closed last month in two weeks. it sold for more than it was purchased for 18 months ago. Apollo duck did have a Catalac for sale in America 2 years ago which sold immediately, however that page was left standing for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot View Post
Rick you dont perchance see the slight divergence between these two statements?
Mark.... you got me on that one. I didn't realize it myself until you called my attention to it. I was reading the thread of the economy's effect on boat pricing before I posted here and had a 40' cat stuck in my head.

Smaller British Cats are in demand, and prices are in fact rising on boats <$100K which are in good shape. However these smaller cats are older boats. They age gracefully, but are heavier and are not to be confused with performance cruisers.

As far as newer small cats are concerned, you can't go wrong with anything designed by Richard Woods.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:33   #129

Another boat missing in this thread ...

It was mentioned it in another thread some time ago...
The Aristocat... This is an old ad of one already sold but it has good pictures...

It certainly looks like it is a low budget Cat with cruising capabilities...
Not sure about slapping / bridgedeck height (as they are related somewhere with the Gemini's?)...
One negative point I find is the very narrow passage forward, even obstructed by the boards... (but some were built with keels)
I love the big sliding hatch (maybe because I have one on my own boat)

Has anyone been on one ?
Can you comment on sailing capabilities?
I read they are quite good performers.

We would like to have a look at one to make up our own mind on the design so if someone happens to know one that would be for sale we would like to hear from it...
I know there is one listed for sale with a custom dog house but the brokers are not up to date, I have already been in direct contact with the owner...

Old 05-10-2009, 04:29   #130
cruiser

There is one at anchor here, less than a mile away from me.

These are '70's era boats. There is a bit of resemblance as Bill O'Brien of Bobcat Catamaran fame employed both Tony Smith of Performance Cruising (Gemini) and Tom Lack of Catalac at some point. All these boat share essentially the same layout.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:56   #131

Boat: 33' Seawind 1000 Cat
Just bought a Seawind 1000

I was just reading your thread. We just bought a Seawind 1000 a couple of weeks ago. We are planing on taking an extended cruise in January. I just thought I would contact you and your wife since it sounds like you are trying to start this new adventure as we are.

Our experience in buying the boat was fairly easy ( took two weeks). We had to do alot of the ground work ourselves but we were fairly sure we wanted a SeaWind. We considered monohulls ( for about 2 days) because they are a much better buy right now but we just couldn't give up the ability to beach her and the livability of this SeaWind. Everyone is different. We have a friend who you "couldn't give a multi-hull to". There is a best boat for YOU! I wish you and your wife success in finding your boat. We have been sailing for years and own a Stiletto and a 22ft day sailor. We bare-boat chartered for about 8 years. We having been doing extensive research on provisioning, routes etc and this forum will certainly give you a wealth of information.

We will be departing from Kemah, Texas. We bought our boat in Brunswick, GA and are having her ferried here. (My husbands job did not allow us to sail her home). Our destinations are not fully determined yet.

Good luck. We will follow your journey on this forum. We are setting up a web site but it is not finished yet. We would love to hear from you!

Linda and Rusty
Sea Yawl Later is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55   #132

Hi Linda !

Welcome to this thread

We are actively looking, our low budget is our biggest concern, so we will have to find a compromise between the types available, I try to keep this thread active with what I find as I hope it will help others, now and later, in their search for a boat... The Seawind 1000, amongs tothers, is not mentioned as I can not consider it a low budget boat...
Also, we don't want to spend most of our available money on the boat, we would have nothing left to go cruising

I'm sure you will have a great journey !

We like the fact that multihulls stay level, we even might consider a trimaran too (OK they heel but just a little) as some do have nice accommodations but none are mentioned so far as most are over budget or too far away for us and the travel to just have a look at the boat would hurt our boating budget (such as our recent trip to Sardinia did...)

What I do find is that it seems that I am keeping this thread up and alive, would I be the only one looking? Or would others just be shy or scared someone else would run off with the boat they are looking at? (Maybe what happened to me with the boat in Sardinia, who knows...)

Old 05-10-2009, 09:15   #133
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
We are in the market for the right, used Gemini 105 when it comes along. We figure it will most likely be a florida boat, and we will have to fly up, buy it, and sail it back down here to the island we live on. We plan to sail the Gemini up and down the Caribbean, Central America, and up to the USA a time or two. Like, from Providenciales to Texas at least once.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59   #134

I get a lot of good cat listing from here. This one looks pretty good, lying St martin. $75K Euro's. 37' Soubise Plaisance AZULI 37 Photo 1 photo
Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:58   #135

Thanks Cheechako !!

Unfortunately the words small and low budget are relative....

37 ft is not so small and the budget is not low for me ...(remember my posting earlier in february this year)

I think you might have noticed most boats mentioned are 30 to 34 ft and with the exceptions (37' CSK if I remember right) the budget under $50k

I might start looking at trimarans too but this will probably explode the mooring budgets as these will be over 35 ft to provide some good accommodation space....

But thanks anyway !
Keep'm coming !
I'm sure my cruising boat is out there, I just need to find it

Tags
arc, liveaboard