Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-05-2012, 08:15   #76

Just adding onto this thread, consider picking up a stand up paddleboard. We have a 9'10" model and while that seems insane to try to carry on a boat, factor this into your equation:

- kind of works as a one person dinghy (or two people in really chill conditions)
- great exercise. it's not the end-all-be-all, but paddleboarding around in windy conditions for an hour is a crazy full body experience
- you can surf them, sort of like a long board
- you make a lot of friends because everyone wants to try it

The exercise and dual dinghy option is the main reason we got it. We have a small child (almost 2) and she sits down while I paddle so we get a lot of usage.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2012, 13:25   #77

Re: Cardio Equipment on Board

Uliboards (and others?) even make inflatable stand up paddleboards that are supposed to work pretty well. And if you're trying to inflate it with a hand pump, that might be a workout in itself!

JB
jonathanb715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2012, 19:49   #78

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown

Ok, I know this is an old thread, but I read it back when it started and was wondering the same thing.

I found this website: Buy Now Pedal Power Bicycle Generator Alternative Green Human Power Energy

Now, I'm wondering if I can build a recumbent (stability on a monohull) pedal powered generator. A one hour work out nets about 10 - 15 amp/hours and burns about 150 - 200 cal using a 200 watt gen.

I don't see using a real bike in the stand on a mono, but something low in the cockpit would be great even on the hook.

Thoughts?
Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2012, 11:26   #79

Boat: WTB Lagoon or Leopard 38'-40'

I highly recommend the P90X series. Though it does demand a small amount of floor space, with some modification and determination you can make it work in a restricted area (I did it in hotel rooms)

The workouts are of extreme intensity, and are each one hour long. They are designed to challenge highly athletic people, or to help a moderately athletic person (like me) more. And there is a pretty varied set of workouts in the series.

I also recommend a set of PowerBlock 50's. The 35's are OK for light training, or if you don't care to build a lot of muscle strength.
ArtM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment