Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2009, 05:18   #46

Beebloo mainly make small fishing boats. They also assemble kit boats for various sellers in the region including the Spirited Catamarans, which are an Australian Kit [similar to Fusion].
URL www.spiriteddesigns.com.au

Like you I have sent many email and web-base enquiry and they have failed to answer them. I am not knocking the workmanship as perse and the Spirited kit is high quality – However, if anyone has been through a bad house renovation: if you have a bad builder or you don’t have confidence, then it can be hell on earth.
. . . and I don’t have confidence or trust in Beebloo
RubyBishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2009, 23:53   #47
ato

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46 2007
Send a message via Skype™ to ato
Hi,

it is very interesting to hear about the experiences forumers have made with boat builders in Thailand. I got a reply from Beebloo after 2 days. I am also looking into some other cats built in Thailand. The one previously mentioned is the Andaman Cabriolet New Catamaran 38 foot - The Andaman Cabriolet
and the other one the Catathai "Ecolocat40" designed by Nicolas Gruet catathai phuket thailand yacht builder/ power 34.
All of them were offered around 300k US$ sail away, with more or less equipment, excl. taxes. The most complete offer at that price is the Andaman Cabriolet. The slightly bigger Ecolocat40 is more appealing to my wife and me, cause it offers more space and can carry a more reasonable payload.
I hope you all can share some opinions about the Andaman Cabriolet design and for the "Ecolocat" as well? I have not visited the yards yet, but will do so later this year. My plan is to get a coastal cruising cat for Asia within the next 1 or 2 years. The budget is around 300k US.

cheers!
ato
ato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2009, 04:18   #48

I have always said that thailand can build quility boats, Some other phuket boat builders worth looking at

Mark Pescott Multihulls : Firefly 850 One-design

Mark Pescott Multihulls : Whitehaven Series

A bit more info on the cat you were looking at
New Catamaran 38 foot - The Andaman Cabriolet

Mark Pescott Multihulls : Photos
KIWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 04:17   #49

Boat: 50ft powercat, light,long and low powered
Mark Pescott is an Australian builder that is now in Thailand.

Not sure if I would quite class him as a Thai builder.
Old 26-10-2009, 07:40   #50

Things are not always what they seem:
From what I understand; Beebloo don’t sell anything as such, they do the build. A friend of mine made contact with a Director and was told that Beebloo built the Spirited 480 in Thailand but ordered the material from Australia. www.spiriteddesigns.com.au
He was expecting the price to up, that the $300k was an attention getter. But when he received his quote, the price had double to $670k . . . and no extra equipment from what is listed on the web.
Old 26-10-2009, 07:44   #51

I should add, Craig Schionning is also an Australian running Spirited Designs Pty Ltd - Catamaran Design & Kit Systems