Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 08:51   #16

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now
Re: 1994 37 Lagoon Good And Bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspeak View Post
The headliner issue is also happening to my 380. It's not a big deal tho, just vacuum off all the decayed foam & glue the headliner back up with contact cement. You may have to unscrew it to do a neat job.

Dave

L380 # 241
I just put a new headliner in a car and it would be an absolute nightmare trying to do this while the backer board is still on the ceiling. The fabric and glue was about $80. To get one done professionally is about $450. The difference is sweat equity. New headliners in a cat would be a couple of days long job. Or more.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:28   #17

There are no backer boards in the Lagoon.. goes right onto the fiberglass. The only issue I saw with taking it down and vacuuming/rubbing off the bad foam is, once you put it back up, any discrepancies in the glass shows through without the foam to help hide it. No big deal, just doesnt look as nice as it once did.
I think I saw some of those 37's in Grenada when I was there years ago 99/2000, they looked like they had been "rode hard and put away wet" for sure. Of course at the right price anything is possible and Trini is jst an overnighter away where you can get a lot done reasonable....

Cheechako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 18:32   #18

Boat: 1994 39 Privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonker View Post
Would be interested to hear what you think about that boat.
Aloha All

The 37 lagoon "Carpe Diem" buyers WARNING!!!

As you can see if you read my post on here I have been looking at this cat for a month. The owners accepted my offer of 70,000k EURO 2 weeks ago.
So for the past 2 weeks I have been lining every thing up to make a trip to Grenada to see the cat on sept 4th . I have been doing lots of research, lining up a surveyor, lining up a mechanic, talking to the boat yard, lots of emails to the broker. If you have done this you know it can be lots of work not to mention are travel and accommodation arrangements.

"I received a email from the broker on sept 2 saying that they were going to let someone else look at the cat first. They will be at the cat from sept 3rd to 9th. "

The broker was very upset and so was I. The owners totally dismissed the written agreement we had. I sent the broker a email explaining my frustration on my time and money wasted. The broker forwarded it to the owners. As of yet no response at all.

This is not a warning about the 37 lagoon I think they are great cats.
But the owners of Carpe Diem do not hold up to an agreement..

Thank you to every one that has replied to my post..
Jack
amphibious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 22:59   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by amphibious1 View Post
Aloha All

The 37 lagoon "Carpe Diem" buyers WARNING!!!

As you can see if you read my post on here I have been looking at this cat for a month. The owners accepted my offer of 70,000k EURO 2 weeks ago.
So for the past 2 weeks I have been lining every thing up to make a trip to Grenada to see the cat on sept 4th . I have been doing lots of research, lining up a surveyor, lining up a mechanic, talking to the boat yard, lots of emails to the broker. If you have done this you know it can be lots of work not to mention are travel and accommodation arrangements.

"I received a email from the broker on sept 2 saying that they were going to let someone else look at the cat first. They will be at the cat from sept 3rd to 9th. "

The broker was very upset and so was I. The owners totally dismissed the written agreement we had. I sent the broker a email explaining my frustration on my time and money wasted. The broker forwarded it to the owners. As of yet no response at all.

This is not a warning about the 37 lagoon I think they are great cats.
But the owners of Carpe Diem do not hold up to an agreement..

Thank you to every one that has replied to my post..
Jack
Oh ... interesting.
Zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2012, 07:28   #20

Re: 1994 37 Lagoon Good and Bad ?

Hm ... price lowered to 69K EUR ?
Old 20-09-2012, 09:30   #21
Marine Service Provider

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

I had a look at the Lagoon 37 "Carpe Diem" in January 2012. The condition of the cat is really bad. I have some Pictures which I can send to an e-mail if someone is interested.
reipot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2012, 11:39   #22

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot
What we're the major issues cosmetics aside?
Dulcesuenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2012, 05:53   #23

Boat: Dean Ocean Liner 365

Quote:
Originally Posted by reipot View Post
I had a look at the Lagoon 37 "Carpe Diem" in January 2012. The condition of the cat is really bad. I have some Pictures which I can send to an e-mail if someone is interested.
Bad condition, huh? I have the survey report of this boat, from may 2012, which says it is in "fair" condition, with an estimated value of US$ 110,000.-
It seems to me that survey reports often give you quite an optimistic opinion about a boat...
Of course depending on who hires the surveyor: the owner or the buyer.
Notyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:01   #24

Here is our answer to the other Carpe Diem thread:

Dear Mr amphibious1, dear Cruisers Forum community,

after nearly one month since the beginning of this thread and after reading all the comments, we decided now to clarify our point of view. We - the family who owns the Carpe Diem.

To name the most important things at the beginning and to stop all speculations finally:

There has been NO (pre-)contract.
There has been NO deposit.

For sure, many mistakes has been made during selling process – as well from our side.

As our information was that the Carpe Diem was one boat amongst others to be observed by Mr amphibious1 at Grenada, we hope, that he could take a look on other boats and maybe already has been successful in his search.

After all, as you can see in the Internet, the boat is still for sale and the price has been reduced, and as you can imagine, this thread is probably not very helpful for the selling process. The brokers have changed, so the actual broker is not the same that was involved in the case mentioned above. And yes, the boat needs some love and refit, as it has been on the dry for over a year now after giving us many years of pure pleasure. But it is clearly far away from being a piece of crap, as it has been indicated or rather just guessed in this thread.

To point that out, we support forums as a place for information exchange and communication. But a certain etiquette should always be abode, which in our opinion is doubtful in this thread. This is why we decided to apply for deleting it.

In Germany, we have a proverb: „Wer schreibt, der bleibt“ which can be translated to „you write, you stay“ - means that everything that has been written stays longer than things that has been said. And especially in this whole case, you see that this fact has both pros and cons…

Please understand that we will not make any further posts as we think that there have been enough comments on this case now.

Best regards,
On behalf of the Carpe Diem family

Franziska
CarpeDiemFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:21   #25
Armchair Bucketeer

I can understand the frustration of a Vendor in these circumstances - sounds very much like a "he said - she said" scenario, and probably both as right / wrong as each other.

But I don't see anything in this thread that would automatically put a Buyer off the vessel (or the Vendors) - if they were looking for a Lagoon 37 in that price range........just the usual caution when dealing with Brokers / Vendors, especially when that involves spending money (travel and survey etc) before a deal is done.

The Boat being less than perfect and not for everyone? Well, I think the asking price alone pretty much says that.

Therefore I see no reason to Kybosh (lock or delete) this thread.....exchanging information is the purpose of a forum / the internet, always plusses and minuses to that.

Those who have nothing to hide have nothing to fear - even if that means working a bit harder .

In the Vendor's shoes I would hijack this thread and start another "for sale" thread to include lots of details and pics about the boat concerned (IMO CF is a decent audience for that boat - and CF picks up well on Google)......but I appreciate that not all Vendors / Brokers can be arsed to put effort in - but that no reason to stop others from adding to the pool of knowledge.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:36   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiemFamily View Post

To point that out, we support forums as a place for information exchange and communication. But a certain etiquette should always be abode, which in our opinion is doubtful in this thread. This is why we decided to apply for deleting it.
Glad this forum exists - I might have booked a flight to Grenada to have a close look at it. As a seller I understand you wan to get the max out of your sale but if ppl have to spend so much money upfront to get onsite (from Europe) - then don't be surprised if the "true" information is exchanged behind the stage.

Deleting this thread ?! Cmon ... what the hell is this - some kind of censorship ... back to the olden times ?

You will sell the boat at the right price - and it seems the price is still too high.
Old 07-08-2017, 01:47   #27

I have just seen the "Carpe Diem" for sale (now 2017) and I have just sent an offer to the seller, after seeing this thread I am now a little concerned although the advertisement does indicate some sort of refit in 2015, however some of the photos show messy/cluttered cabins which do not look "refitted" to me.

Would love to compare the photos @reipot made to see how much of a refit has taken place.
SpinDreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon