Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 31-01-2016, 19:52   #1

Newbie seeking advice

Hello, first off I would like to introduce myself. My name is Clayton, I am 18 and in the US Navy. I leave for basic in a few days as a PACT-AN. I have never sailed, but have always had the dream. My dad was Army so I have lived in quite a few places, a lot of them on water and have a love for the oceans like I would imagine many of you guys/girls do.

I plan on taking sailing lessons throughout my Navy career when I can. As I will be in the military, my budget for a boat will be very minimum. I am planning on doing this trip when I get out (4-8 years) and before college. I would love to do it as long as possible and can fund my trip. I have found two possible boats that I seem to be seeing for sale very cheap often. One is the Pearson 35' and the other is the Tartan 34c. My question is which boat would be best suited for Caribbean travel? I would most likely leave from Florida and hopefully work my way throughout the Carribean as far as I can go. Which boat is "better" suited for rougher water? What are the pros and cons? I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

I hope this is in the right place!
roosters97 is offline   Reply With Quote