Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2010, 02:03   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallboy View Post
Oveaar,

thanks for the offer of providing plans for new tanks, please let me know if can email them or send them by regular mail.
Thanks

Hi
Please find attached the drawings in pdf format.
Please note all measurements in millimeter.
Tanks volume appr. 226 litre per tank.

Ove
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Drawings Fuel TK Mayflower 48, Vessel Felicity.pdf (127.9 KB, 258 views)
oveaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2010, 07:54   #17

fuel tanks

Ove, thank you very much it helps a lot.
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2010, 12:06   #18

Mat

Hi,
I replaced the main mast
Old 27-04-2010, 12:15   #19

Mast Step

Hi,
I replaced the main mast step when in Ruskin, a new shoe in aluminium was fabricated by a company in St. Petersburg area called "Paradise Yacht Services", they might still have the footprint of the mast and be able to provide a new base plate for you. Please refer to me and the job they done for me in Ruskin in March 2003, vessel name Felicity (they also replaced the standing rig of the main mast). Remember to install a insulation sheet of no-conducting material between the keel steel foundation and the alu step to avoid electrical corrosion.
Ove
Old 28-04-2010, 16:35   #20

Ove,
thank you so much for that, I'll try to get in touch with them because I'm located in FL, too.
tallboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 18:33   #21

Boat: mayflower 48
We did ours in February of 2010. We jacked up the mast after we loosened the rigging. We used
Stainless Steel boxes and shims to get the correct fit. Stategy worked fine. Maststep should outlast the next 30 years.

Also, take a good look at your chainplates. We replaced ours after careful inspection.

aloha,
richard johnson
sv/ jamtlander
jamtlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2010, 21:54   #22

Boat: Mayflower 48
Send a message via Skype™ to overtheyardarm
Just in the process of doing that now, as well as replacing fuel tanks, cabin sole , systems overhaul, bottom epoxy, headliner, electrical , plumbing,and a whole mess of other stuff. I can send you photos etc if you wish.
overtheyardarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 19:20   #23

Hi Mike, I am in the process of replacing my tanks. Just wondering how you are progressing and if you require any info or pics. I am progressing with a complete overhaul of every inch of her. There will be absoloutely nothing untoched, modified, improved, replaced, rebedded, repainted, repaired, inspected etc !
I will be happy to pass on any info, and, am interested in what everyone else is doing.
Regards
Old 03-01-2011, 19:43   #24

Greetings,
Just an enquiry as to how you made out with your mast base. I have just replaced both the mast base and the alluminum step. I opted to go with a WEST encapsulated white oak block with a custom 1" thick alluminum plate and alluminum insert. I removed the steel base which was badly rusted. The steel plates were originaly glassed to the bilge with a foam gasket in between. The limber holes were too small and plugged. Due to rusting there was no longer any adhesion to the steel. The alluminum was comletely deteriorated and bolts siezed in the top plate. There was surprisingly only minor pitting to the mast which cutting off 1-1/2" fixed. Properly installed the block should never rot. The compression is spread over a wider area but on a smaller base. There is much more room to allow water to pass. The thick alluminum base will be bolted into epoxy filled holes. The block will also be epoxy glassed to the hull sides for lateral stability.
My mast is an Isomat for which new bases are still available.
Regards
Old 18-04-2012, 07:40   #25

Boat: Mayflower/Stadel 48
Re: Mayflower Stadel or Mariner 48 Owners

Good day, everyone. I have owned my Stadel 48 since January 2000. It is one of the Norwalk Cove Marine boats, built in late 1980. I spoke with George Stadel in Stamford, CT before I bought it. I, too, believe it is spectacular hull design and was built to an overall high standard. I bought it in Florida, from a couple that cruised it back and forth to CT for several years. They bought it from the original owners. Originally named "Chop Suey" then "Odyssey", we named her "Perfect Harmony". We have sailed the boat from the back of our home in Rumson, NJ for several years. However, we just completed a one way move to Florida and the boat is sitting on the hard in NJ. I had pulled the galley apart for some upgrading (new fridge/counter tops/etc) and now find myself 1000 miles away and busy; making the completion difficult. I also am going to need some serious teak work this year (no surprise). Has anyone here had experience with moving their Mayflower via land? I'm not sure what the overall height of the boat is. I think we're right around the critical limit. I can have my yard guy measure it. We repowered with a new Perkins a few years ago. I am a yacht broker in Vero Beach, FL. I hae access to some good transport companies at good prices........It would make my move very easy if I could get down here on I-95.

Thanks and best regards,

Greg Gerber
tigreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 18:41   #26

hello Greg
I had mine shipped from Ft pierce to Ontario Canada via Quebec 2 years ago.
Do you have rub rails. If so that might just put you over width at the widest beam. Some carriers may choose to ignore the rails when measuring. If I recall the boat was 13-6 and 14 with the rails.
I have some photos on the trailer if you wish.
I am in the process of a complete overhaul myself. It started with replacing the fuel tanks, which turned into what the hell lets go the whole 9 yds. I think the boat is well worth it.

I can be reached at labrames@gmail.com
regards
Old 04-08-2012, 11:04   #27

Hello one and all, I'm in need of your combined wisdom.
After long deliberations with me, myself and I as well as asking everyone around me it couldI finally appears I can think of the boat that would best suit my purpose for liveaboard and sail the Mediterranean...mostly.
It appears a 48' Mayflower is a sound choice, assuming I can find one at areasonable price that I can afford of course.
Would anyone have any idea what might be areasonable price for a 1981 48' Mayflower?
Can anyone suggest the best way to transfer one from the west coast to the east coast?
Not very wise questions, I realize but the I have to start somewhere...
Thankfully yours,
Alf
MarineAlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:06   #28

Kindly pardon my typos in the message
MarineAlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:10   #29

I'm the owner of a 48' Mayflower 1979 model the name is Miss Maverick, the guy is 83 and some time do not recollect where the boat is. It is a big project. Anyone replaced the deck on this boats? Hydraulic steering? any info welcomed.
MarathonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:11   #30

should read: bought it from the guy who is 83.
MarathonBob is offline   Reply With Quote