Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 17:37   #436

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
It's been awhile but there was a place on El Cajon Blvd. called the Yukon.
The bros in there used to recruit for overseas duty ya know.
They could get your stuff back yesterday.
It's nice having friends on the net all over the world but ain't much good when ya really need a hand.
Chin up-
Kenny
Old 08-02-2011, 17:37   #437
cruiser

i like the idea of a camera but with my luck they would steal that.. hehehehe
Old 08-02-2011, 17:49   #438

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
i just filled out an insurance application to get prelim pricing info and one of the questions was if it had THEFT ALARM

how could you put in a theft alarm... cant be motion sensor... maybe electrical if they start a motor..hmmm
All kinds of alarms are available, deck pressure sensors, mag sensors for the hatches, cell transmitters....
Old 08-02-2011, 18:13   #439

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
One consolation for being a guy I suppose.... always the option of bleeding all over him if he's bigger than me....

You Sir, are a witty man.
You say so much in so few.
Old 11-02-2011, 13:58   #440

Send a message via Yahoo to joey69
pirate

you can put a small webcam on your mast,with a remote that goes directly to your computer.get a motion activated sensor with a 30 sec. to 5 min. run time.it will record directly to your computer.you can also access it from another computer whenever you want.

Amazon.com: Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens (67° Viewing Angle) - Black NEWEST MODEL (replaces the FI8908W): Electronics
Old 11-02-2011, 14:24   #441

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny chaos View Post
It's been awhile but there was a place on El Cajon Blvd. called the Yukon.
The bros in there used to recruit for overseas duty ya know.
They could get your stuff back yesterday.
I'm with Kenny - if you were in my marina and everyone "knew" who had the stuff, there would be an impromtu party, nothing bad gonna happen, just lookin' around, we'll be gone in a minute.....

....ESPECIALLY when there's out-of-town muscle available!

John
Old 11-02-2011, 14:31   #442
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
my favorite theft alarm is a snow leopard. nothing left to report. saves money and manpower. creates respect for the area covered by cat fur.

hhmmmm, yukon, eh????...
Old 11-02-2011, 15:10   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
was tortured by a home invasion. they got my nav lights and my invertors and my things i was going to use for refit-- i have to put off my departure and/or head to a yard i can afford --i have the packing gland funds for just exactly that..and i get to replace my stolen items--is hard to run at night without running lights and inverters were for installation and making my boat right...
this is to let folks know i am going to have to postpone.....dammit
Maybe I'm missing something here but how does a theft from your boat mean that you now need to do the 'original' repairs in a yard and not in the water as you have said you could do them?
Old 11-02-2011, 15:28   #444

i am still trying to do my packing gland repairs in water--i have to do something in water to get to a yard for painting and the rest-which was gonna be in mazatlan-- i hadnt posted all my itinerary as yet-- so i hadnt publicized my plans to the letter. i dont have plans to the letter even on a goodday. i need to do the packing gland replacement and backing off of the prop shaft and replacing with a different system while in water-- but i cannot do it alone. i am awaiting my helpers for that.. i am also repairing my electrical system--was rewiring when my spools of wire and some other things vanished and kat started to act weird.
Old 11-02-2011, 15:44   #445

Zee, I just read a thread on another site that you listed the items stolen from your boat. How did someone get 200' 5/16 bbb chain off a moored boat?(I think the more important question is 'why') Jeez, the 'robbers' must be like superman. Good thing your computer wasn't stolen! You must have had that in the secret hiding place. Why did they have to 'mess up your panel' to steal something(what was it?)? And the most interesting(crimes are always interesting to those not involved, that is why police shows are so popular on TV) question is that you have on your list of stolen items(on the 'other' site) as being-- myhaulout stuff-- envelope of money(few hundred dollars), my question is that on this thread people paypal'd you like $1400 so how was 'a few hundred dollars' for a haulout in your boat when the haulout was to be paid by donated money from the kind and generous people here at CF? You were also asked about a paypal account on the 'other site' and your answer was "i do have a paypal i needed to make for buying stuff for boat online." Well I read THIS thread and it seems like you got the paypal account to receive the donations from the kind and generous people here on CF. Just seems as though there are some inconsistencies and would like you to clear them up.
Old 11-02-2011, 15:44   #446

Quote:
i am still trying to do my packing gland repairs in water--i have to do something in water to get to a yard for painting and the rest-which was gonna be in mazatlan-- i hadnt posted all my itinerary as yet-- so i hadnt publicized my plans to the letter. i dont have plans to the letter even on a goodday. i need to do the packing gland replacement and backing off of the prop shaft and replacing with a different system while in water-- but i cannot do it alone. i am awaiting my helpers for that.. i am also repairing my electrical system--was rewiring when my spools of wire and some other things vanished and kat started to act weird.
What ga wire did you need I may have some on the boat
Old 11-02-2011, 15:47   #447

Quote:

Didn't the kind and generous people here on CF donate the money for you to do the gland out of the water(for sling fees)?
Old 11-02-2011, 15:52   #448

Send a message via AIM to meburma Send a message via Yahoo to meburma Send a message via Skype™ to meburma
They did. But when she went to actually take the boat to the yard they reversed course and told her it would cost 8K. So she's figuring out how to make repair work with the money donated in a manner that those funds will actually pay for. That's my understanding. Nothing nefarious here. Just a woman who's been jerked around by the yards and now by some real crooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers
Old 11-02-2011, 16:01   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by meburma View Post
They did. But when she went to actually take the boat to the yard they reversed course and told her it would cost 8K. So she's figuring out how to make repair work with the money donated in a manner that those funds will actually pay for. That's my understanding. Nothing nefarious here. Just a woman who's been jerked around by the yards and now by some real crooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers

In reading this thread, I thought the kind and generous people here at CF donated the money due to the hazard of doing this type of repair in the water and out of concern for that they donated the money for her to play it safe and do the repair in the slings. I thought she had the parts covered and out of concern the money was donated to do the repairs in a safer environment(in slings). I've read another thread about this on another site and there are some discrepancies in the stories(about the theft) like on this site she lists only minimal items but on the other site there is a huge list of items stolen. I'm not judging or accusing anyone of anything, I'm just trying to see what really happened here.
Old 11-02-2011, 16:19   #450

thankyou david. i am trying to figger out how they got the chain-is 5/16,bbb-i figger it was fun for them as it was for me finding it was gone--it wasnt new but it was a whole lot better than what i am left with onmy bow.. i had the chain in the covered tub on my cockpit deck for the inspection of my stern.shaft tube which is located just under it and is so heavy i cant lift it but by hand over hand onto deck from bin then back hand over hand into bin from deck. this length of chain was in a bin not directly in view of the rest of the contents of my bilges as iam trying to repair the location in which these items belong.please understand i have been rebuilding this formosa while living on board her. i have many concurrent projects for expediency. i know all my workers. i know what i have on board. i know when i am gone and someone enters my boat and goes thru stuff and where that person goes -- my kat will let me know where anyone other than me is in this boat when i am not here. is way too bad he is not an attack kat. i found many places things had been by following kat and looking into the places he sniffedfor things i no longer have to use. i hope this never happens to anyone you know or to you--isnt a wonderful feeling. i requested a relocation to a different mooring--over to shelterisland rock n roll-- butthereis a waiting list for that one.. yipes--never has been before this.
and,yes, i opened that paypal account many years ago to buy stuff online for my boat, at that time was a 35mII ericson, which i had even before i owned a formosa 41. it was dormant for a while then i reactivated it for the folks requesting me to do so---- boatman and hannah in particular.

are there any other questions?? i am mor ethan happy to answer any and all. thankyou again for the aassistance and support you guys have showed me-- this is a speedbump, alright.......
Closed Thread