Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 16:27   #196

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
Great news! Soon you'll be kicking up your heals around the world.
Old 10-01-2011, 16:46   #197
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Look out Mehicoooo ..... Your about to be "ZZZEEEEEE'D......

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'Useful Idiots' of the West still pay for war in the hope it triggers the 'Rapture'.. LMAO.
Old 10-01-2011, 16:48   #198
cruiser

sorry kenny for your loss, kinda wierd how they went kinda close together..??

anyways, I lost my mother last year, and although i wasnt close wither her, I now get to perpetuate whatever issues i had with her, now I have them with my brothers and sister, as they excluded me from her hospice care and her funeral...

my family died 3 days before my mother did... and now, my daughter hasnt talked with me since november.. she blew me off for my bday and holidays...

I truely have no family... and my friends are just that.. friends... oh well...

I believe I was meant to be alone and adventourous... why i never gravitated towards sailing before, i will never know...

and i cant wait to get onboard...
Old 10-01-2011, 17:09   #199
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Berg... everything has a season... yours is approaching Spring mate.. winters nearly over...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'Useful Idiots' of the West still pay for war in the hope it triggers the 'Rapture'.. LMAO.
Old 10-01-2011, 17:09   #200
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
soulmates usually pass within 6 months if each other--is sad but the life doesnt feel right to them without the other--or so it was explained to me. is sad you lost both--mine are still here--for now-- dad is failing, momma has loong genes--
thankyou so much guys for the boost and music-- we should eb good now--- i am praying to the sea gods to take good care of every sailor and sailorette and all on the seas whether dock queens or bay bums or snotty yotties- all are of sea in some way.
world is a small pea in this universe and we are only but a tiny spec. boatman--i adore big feet and big mouths-- is like me!
these are awesome tunes!!!! thankyou all!!!!!
we on our way--will be 2-3 weeks then we be fixed. in mean time i am fixing the other problems as they arise, of course, and i will be sailing soon-- berg, i will let ye know when i am scheduled to eb out--i need to get there evening prior and dock in ways evening prior.... early in am we come out and get worked. then back i8nto water.. same day delivery.
Old 10-01-2011, 23:17   #201
cruiser

yea, seasons..

and this too shall pass.. (my moms favorite saying)

Whatever happens happens...this will be one of my better moves or it wont.. either way. i will give it my all. and at the worst I will veg on a boat instead of a LAZ E BOY

Which i doubt...

I am relearing what i thought i learned before, and that was to be independant... (I originally thought it was from 'other people', *(not family). Now i am learning it is everyone...

I wont belaobor my depression and engativity more then i already have.. I do believe I am being positive with this move towards teh water and my participation here, and if i am not, you all can tap me on teh shooulder or slap my 'cross the face... and i will understand...

between the coiuple little slaps i already got, it wont matter 'cept to make me more motivated to get onboard...

ZEE, PLEASE make sure you try to time it so i can come on down to see your boat in the air, and even before then, as i will try to help out as much as i can, if not for that bigger project, for a smaller one.... I got a car and drive you around to get stuff for the project too, or whatever else...

But, i really would like to see the bottom and see the parts that are broken on your boat... and the replacement parts if possible... I cant quite understand how they work or how they are assembled...

It dont look hard as far as the documents i saw, but, reading and touching are two different things for me...

also, what are you doing with the cats during the haul out???
Old 10-01-2011, 23:50   #202

this event should occur within the 2 weeks after this one-- this week is busy for the yard , so is gonna be scheduled by kate when there is a not busy time. is good to see these parts on my boat , as they are fairly visible, as opposed to a boat like my ericson , or other performance types wherein they are hidden in tight places needing contortionists of minute sizing to fit and work in there... i have a lot of room ..
kat will be on a leash and harness and be with me..is just a day, so he is ok- or i might just place his dishes and stuff in my master stateroom for the day. i can close him in and he will be fine.

independence can be a good thing..makes ye stronger...

if ye come down in advance, might take the ride over to the yard with me-- or meet us at the yard in the early morning.i need to bring boat to yard in evening prior and place on ways for night then early early i get into sling.
Old 10-01-2011, 23:56   #203
cruiser

i wont need much notice, but, wednesday is not good for me... and the 24th, whatever day that is.

but, other then that, i can come down for a couple days... just keep me posted... you got my tele, or whatever is easier...

also, if i need to get anything from up here for your repairs, let me know...
Old 11-01-2011, 02:01   #204

Boat: Landfall 39 built 1982
Zee this is great news the day will rapidly approach for the repairs and better still when you can go........sailing

Oh and Berg ...doing is often a good balm for the spirit so I hope you can get on down to see the old girl out of the water!

Cheers
Old 11-01-2011, 02:16   #205
cruiser

i will do everything i can to make it down there... unfortunately, i can not miss or postpone my jan24 dr appointment...

i might postpone the wednesday appt but not the monday.. i have waited more then a month for that appointment as well and delay my move...

i would like to stay longer and save money, but, not sure how things work with my bank/lender/whatever and the longer i wait the more crazy i am going...
Old 11-01-2011, 19:09   #206

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Zee,

I thought you had two boats.

If you sell the other maybe you will have enough to get stuff done?

Maybe berg would want it?
Old 11-01-2011, 19:18   #207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Zee,

I thought you had two boats.

If you sell the other maybe you will have enough to get stuff done?

Maybe berg would want it?
therapy-- been trying to sell hr for 4 years. hAS BEEEN IN BROKERges ND Ychtwork=ld, craigs list--everywhere but EBAY... no one will buy her-- dont know why--maybe is the horrid market we have been stuck in for a long time,YE THINK????
. lol is a BUYERS market, not a sellers. have you tried to sell a boat lately??
lemme elucidate-- this market sux. folks are still in danger of losing homes.; ye think anyone is gonna buy a boat?? especially in sin diego , wherein there ar emore than toomany boats for sale?? ihave tried that, sweetie-- LOL..
we havent begun to see bad market--is gonna still get worse bafire it gets any better, gummint can skew numbers anyway they wish--but it is not happening.
happy new year to ye, therapy! hope it is a good one for ye. ade you sailing this year??
Old 11-01-2011, 19:24   #208
cruiser

i really dont want to sail here... the water here sucks out loud!!!! my goal would be to figure out how to sail her to the gulf, carribean... and then any cost savings would be eaten up

there is a boat here that i could probably get for about $4k from a very interested seller, and it is sweet, with all kinds of nice stuff.. the harbor master couldnt stop talking about all the stuff the prior owner put into the boat and then never used as he was so old he hit another boat on his first trip out of the harbor, and caused $50k worth of damage to the other boat but nothing to his...

not even a mark...

now the guy is way too old, and hasnt been on board in a year... and the family is tired of paying slip and insurance fees... and now they have been trying to sell for about 5 months and craigslist and ebay... and no results yet, but they keep trying to talk me into getting her and staying here..
Old 11-01-2011, 19:26   #209

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
therapy-- been trying to sell hr for 4 years. hAS BEEEN IN BROKERges ND Ychtwork=ld, craigs list--everywhere but EBAY... no one will buy her-- dont know why--maybe is the horrid market we have been stuck in for a long time,YE THINK????
. lol is a BUYERS market, not a sellers. have you tried to sell a boat lately??
lemme elucidate-- this market sux. folks are still in danger of losing homes.; ye think anyone is gonna buy a boat?? especially in sin diego , wherein there ar emore than toomany boats for sale?? ihave tried that, sweetie-- LOL..
we havent begun to see bad market--is gonna still get worse bafire it gets any better, gummint can skew numbers anyway they wish--but it is not happening.
happy new year to ye, therapy! hope it is a good one for ye. ade you sailing this year??

Peek under my avitar.

We are going to try and take April off this year.
Old 11-01-2011, 19:27   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
i really dont want to sail here... the water here sucks out loud!!!! my goal would be to figure out how to sail her to the gulf, carribean... and then any cost savings would be eaten up

there is a boat here that i could probably get for about $4k from a very interested seller, and it is sweet, with all kinds of nice stuff.. the harbor master couldnt stop talking about all the stuff the prior owner put into the boat and then never used as he was so old he hit another boat on his first trip out of the harbor, and caused $50k worth of damage to the other boat but nothing to his...

not even a mark...

now the guy is way too old, and hasnt been on board in a year... and the family is tired of paying slip and insurance fees... and now they have been trying to sell for about 5 months and craigslist and ebay... and no results yet, but they keep trying to talk me into getting her and staying here..
Ouch!
Closed Thread