Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-06-2016, 03:52   #1

looking for owning first boat

Hi Everybody,

I hold a skipper license since 2002 but because I have been living away from water during this period I have little experience and confidence at the moment.

I'm looking forward to own my first boat.
She should be easily sailed by one/two persons, she can be used as an holiday apartment, stable and ideally able to be used in my retirement for longer trips. I'm 43 yo.

I'm using a kind of ideal starting budget for deciding. At the moment I found three choices very different choices:
- probably the most rational for first boat: oceanis 351 1996
- pretty: Jeanneau Sun Odissey 40 1999

- Gib Sea 442 Master 1989: Huge, she looks very stable and strong, I like her classical style, I feel great looking at her but on the other way I'm afraid of two things:
- 27 years old can mean lots of costs in the future. Can this still handle more 40 years?
- I will take private lessons, but is it mooring almost 14 meters boat a realistic goal for someone with little practice?

Many thanks in advance for your opinions and advices,
Have good winds,

Toni
agoncalv is offline   Reply With Quote